'Yellowing' on 27" iMac displays

Started by frailer, June 28, 2010, 12:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

On Whirlpool Forums/Mac area. (Orstraya, mate...)

yellowing

The poll figures are a worry. Parent publisher are talking of getting 3, despite warnings from me and someone else not to, particularly for all-day PhotoShop work. Some interesting posts, P 4'ish. Thing is, even if they eventually get one without the problem, what a monumental waste of time! Also, anyone heard of an onsite swap by a tech of the panel? New one on me...  :undecided:  Oh, yeah, who then leaves his McDonalds Big Mac prints from lunch on the inside of the glossy front. Nice.   :cheesy:

Also, my age is against me here. Anyone explain what the 'Candy' part of the poll is?   :huh:  Does that mean they don't care about it, as long as the iMac looks good on the desk?  Man, I feel old...   :old:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

The 20" iMac does the same type of thing with the screen tilt. You have to tilt it up a few degrees to get rid of a light area at the bottom of the screen. Drives me crazy. If you aren't sitting 100% directly in front of it with the screen tilted just so so it looks like crap. But it looks great when you get it and yourself positioned correctly. Just don't move after that. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

"candy" I'm assuming is a take on the ole "eye candy" phrase, meaning it looks good and that's about all it's good for? maybe?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca