what setting did i change?

Started by peace flaps, August 21, 2008, 03:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peace flaps

when i enter a doc size in illy, the dimensions are used to make a crop box and NOT the page size itself (the page size is huge).

i think i changed a setting sometime back but have no idea what it was.

any ideas please??

cheers

frailer

Er, beer, ya there, mate?      :cheesy:

...if you're in a hurry, peace flaps, maybe PM beermonster. He might pick it up a bit quicker. Or Monkeyman... :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

beermonster

ok - not entirely sure i understand this - do you want to change the dimensions of the page?

if so apple+option+p (or file>document set up) - punch in sizes - done.

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

peace flaps

sorry, the description of the problem was a bit rubbish now i come to re-read it.

if i go  FILE>NEW then enter in a page size (a4 for arguements sake), when i hit OK the page is huge but with an a4 crop box in the centre of it.

the actual page size is 5080x5080mm, and i have to go OBJECT>CROP AREA>RELEASE - which leaves me with an a4 box centred on the page.

hope  this comes across as being a little clearer

beermonster

ok thats a little clearer - puzzling but clearer

make a new document - any size - double click on the crop area tool to bring up some tool options - at the very top is a drop down menu - select "fit crop area to artboard"

close document and quit illy

reboot and see if when making a new document that has reset the tool - i think there's some kind of pre-set thing going on

cant help much sorry - i never use that tool

maybe this might help a bit

www.adobe.com/go/vid0213.

beermonster

one last thing - when you make a new document you have a drop down of options presets - are you selecting print as the preset? (assuming you are using your document for print)

peace flaps

cheers b-m,

tried those tips and also threw the .plist at the same time - seems to have done the trick. all back to normal now  :ninja2:

beermonster

you are welcome - anytime

man does that count as a right answer????

that puts me level with G town now - a zillion posts and one right answer!

my work here is done :laugh:

actually - i did help frailer with some stuff but told him a bunch of lies to keep him puzzled - i see it as sport :tongue:

frailer

Quote from: beermonster on August 21, 2008, 08:26:24 AMactually - i did help frailer with some stuff but told him a bunch of lies to keep him puzzled - i see it as sport :tongue:

Yeah, it worked. Too much sun, and too busy brushin' flies away to notice... :huh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

youston

Quote from: beermonster on August 21, 2008, 08:26:24 AMyou are welcome - anytime

actually - i did help frailer with some stuff but told him a bunch of lies to keep him puzzled - i see it as sport :tongue:

I hope one day to be helpful! Joe tells me that if I eat all my vegetables, and say my prayers at night, it's sure to happen!

beermonster

quote frailer

too busy brushin' flies away to notice...

that'll be that aftershave - ya might wanna think about changing it

hotmetal

Quote from: youston on August 21, 2008, 02:58:52 PM
Quote from: beermonster on August 21, 2008, 08:26:24 AMyou are welcome - anytime

I hope one day to be helpful! Joe tells me that if I eat all my vegetables, and say my prayers at night, it's sure to happen!

I'll just stick with random non sequiturs, get better mileage that way.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson