'Distressing' effect (for frailer's daughter)

Started by frailer, May 05, 2011, 05:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

that looks like t shirt i bought recently might try googling silk screen distressing
I would but I gotta run for a class!
can't wait to see how this turns out!
welcome Lucy!

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Oooh! It's a family affair now! Just one big happy prepressin' family.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on May 05, 2011, 08:35:33 PMOooh! It's a family affair now! Just one big happy prepressin' family.

No, she's in apparelpress.    :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

gnubler

Really? My shop is branching into screenprinting. I'm very interested in it, unlike website development. :facepalm:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 05, 2011, 08:39:22 PM
Quote from: gnubler on May 05, 2011, 08:35:33 PMOooh! It's a family affair now! Just one big happy prepressin' family.

No, she's in apparelpress.    :laugh:

Are you sure it's not preapparel?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

drummergirlucy

what's the quickest way to show a screenshot of it?

in the end, I think I'm going to have to draw the shape under it, so the whole thing is solid, then use the technique using raster/photoshop/tiff and do one consistent effect

and in fashion we have pre-production samples, but everything i do it PRE the real thing.....

I'm pre-wantingtokillmycomputerstupidpcgrrrrrrrr

frailer

Zoom in to what you want> screengrab (PC  :rolleyes: ) ... open and downsize to less than 256KB. Follow my earlier instructions. (below post typing field there's 'Attachments and other options' >>.Browse/select >>post.
You could email to your iPad, then open in Preview, Save As>>> (JPEG), and move slider to less than 256 KB. Then attach that with earlier method.
You got Preview on iPad?

Joe

Quote from: drummergirlucy on May 05, 2011, 09:08:17 PMwhat's the quickest way to show a screenshot of it?

in the end, I think I'm going to have to draw the shape under it, so the whole thing is solid, then use the technique using raster/photoshop/tiff and do one consistent effect

and in fashion we have pre-production samples, but everything i do it PRE the real thing.....

I'm pre-wantingtokillmycomputerstupidpcgrrrrrrrr

Understood...and expected.  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 05, 2011, 09:15:28 PMZoom in to what you want> screengrab (PC  :rolleyes: ) ... open and downsize to less than 256KB. Follow my earlier instructions. (below post typing field there's 'Attachments and other options' >>.Browse/select >>post.
You could email to your iPad, then open in Preview, Save As>>> (JPEG), and move slider to less than 256 KB. Then attach that with earlier method.
You got Preview on iPad?

Or upload to photobucket, copy the URL, select the button shown below and paste the URL.

beermonster

in the olden days back in time - which frailer will be familiar with since he travels time, and before all smansy fancy fonts and filters, we had a nifty trick to make this affect
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

beermonster

now you want me to share it don't you...ok

get your perfect image - print it as greyscale/b&w

take said print - photocopy it. photocopy the copy, photocopy that copy and repeat until funny/bored...

you'll see the quality degrade - scan this in as a bitmap, convert to vectors in illy and it'll give a mean distressed look.

old method i know - but was handy

move along :)

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

DigitalCrapShoveler

When do you gotta have this? I am swapped deluxe, but I'm sure I can figure this out.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler