Weird Font Conflicts in Illy

Started by NefariousDrO, November 11, 2011, 09:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I knew about but why wouldn't you want to use their fonts?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on December 01, 2011, 01:22:53 PMI knew about but why wouldn't you want to use their fonts?

this seems to go sideways when opening multiple documents from different folders even if they have the correct Document Fonts folders, or something, and I just don't trust it.

Big problem I just had and will continue to have is doing envelopes. I get 4 different envelopes using the same template, I do one to the template then blow away the art, open the next one, paste custy crap in, save as, repeat with next one. Copy and paste from one in one folder to another in another folder confuses it and it doesn't know where the fonts are.

It's just scary to me that I'm trying to manage fonts with FEX and it is trying to manage fonts by ???
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on December 01, 2011, 01:27:07 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 01, 2011, 01:22:53 PMI knew about but why wouldn't you want to use their fonts?

this seems to go sideways when opening multiple documents from different folders even if they have the correct Document Fonts folders, or something, and I just don't trust it.

Big problem I just had and will continue to have is doing envelopes. I get 4 different envelopes using the same template, I do one to the template then blow away the art, open the next one, paste custy crap in, save as, repeat with next one. Copy and paste from one in one folder to another in another folder confuses it and it doesn't know where the fonts are.

It's just scary to me that I'm trying to manage fonts with FEX and it is trying to manage fonts by ???

I don't have 5.5 but is there anything in the Indy prefs that will allow you to turn it off?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

no, it's a "feature" and you can't "turn it off".
Just don't put the folder named "document fonts" in the same directory as the Indesign file. I only use the document font folder scenario if I'm having font issues.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

oh, it also works for CS5 and I believe CS4.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca