What color setting to use?

Started by G_Town, July 24, 2012, 01:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

2 files almost identical, using same image only one image is place and on is imbedded.

The imbedded image when processed has the color all screwed up should be a teal and come out a dark blue.

What setting should I use to make embedded and placed images come out the same?

Grimace

Are both CMYK? Check that first. You may have to do it "wrong" to match images, make one RGB or something. Which may work if the color isn't critical.

Ear

Grimace makes a good point. On that note, also check the working color space of the Illy document. If it has an RGB working space, it will tweak an embedded image even if the original is CMYK.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

:goodpost: what he said, plus check if the document or image are color managed (icc profile on embedding?)
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

andyfest

If the images are identical, checked the linked one and make sure it's CMYK-mode. If it is, the embedded image is likely RGB. Just choose the embedded image in the links pallette and replace it with the linked one - only works if the images are supposed to be identical tho.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro