Selecting Images

Started by Tracy, November 14, 2008, 09:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I need to edit some images in a pdf, got them all but one, How can I select behind something. I can select it with the pitstop tool but I need to select it with the touch up object tool.

Joe

Usually when you can't select something it's because there is another object on top of it. Try selecting the object on top of it with the Pitstop tool. Click the Edit menu and select "Enfocus Hide Selection" and then try selecting it again with the touch up object tool. When you are done go back and click the edit menu and select "Enfocus Show All" to bring back any items you had to hide to get to the one you needed to edit.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I didnt know that was there!
but it didnt work, when i went to select with the object tool everything came back. I will play around with that tho. Thanks Joe!

Joe

tracy,

Another thing you can try but do be careful is to select the image with the Pitstop tool and copy it (COMMAND + c). Make a new blank PDF and paste it (COMMAND + v) into the blank PDF. Then edit it in Photoshop and save it back. Then select it with the Pitstop tool and copy it (COMMAND + c). Then go back to the original PDF and select the image with the Pitstop tool again and under the edit menu do "Enfocus Replace".

As you can tell I spend way too much time trying to fix crappy PDF files. :laugh:

Tracy

That totally works!!!
your awesome Joe

frailer

Would it be appropriate to try, (carefully), Edit>Enfocus Layer>Move Backwards...then when you've,(hopefully), fixed your image, move them back into place?
In theory maybe, at least.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

it works just like the hide selection as soon as i try selecting with the object tool everything goes back in place and I cant select again.
Learned alot about selecting in acro today tho! thanks.
Joe's second suggestion totally works!

Joe

frailer

..just filed that one away in the armoury too, Joe.    :cool:

BTW, tracy, I assume when you're doing more tricky stuff like that, that you're doing it to a copy of the original PDF. Been saved from a few serious "Oops!" moments by doing this... :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

yeah, when I first started elec prepress I lost a file I had worked 2 hours on, I was freaking out.
Had to do it over, thought I was going to get fired.
I learned file management that day.

David

never happened to me...

and you can't make me tell.

:shocked:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy