My Acrobat's gone funky

Started by PR Treefrog, March 03, 2010, 06:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR Treefrog

I'm sure there'll be more than one of you here that will be able to tell me what to do to fix my Acrobat 9. When I go to print and want to print multiple pages on the one sheet it's greyed out, as is tile all pages, tile large pages and booklet printing (not that that one bothers me though). It's only just changed all of a sudden, and I just can't figure out why, or how to fix it.

Thank you for your feedback - I love this wealth of knowledge on here, and appreciate your time.

Joe

So it used to work for you and now all of a sudden it doesn't? Does the layout feature work in any application and only doesn't work in Acrobat? First hing I'd try is to delete the printer and recreate it on the Mac. Ummm...we are talking about a Mac here right?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

PR Treefrog

Yes definitely Mac, definitely used to work but now doesn't.

Bloody hell, why is it always when it's flat out that things fall over and get f**ked up!!  :blowup: (sorry just venting here now)

frailer

Quote from: PR Treefrog on March 03, 2010, 10:05:14 PMBloody hell, why is it always when it's flat out that things fall over and get f**ked up!!  :blowup: (sorry just venting here now)

So...there's no doubting you're in prepress then...    :cheesy:  Oh, and vent to your heart's content. It's in our Charter.   :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

So...does it work in other applications?

PR Treefrog

Yes,  :cheesy: definitely prepress

I can't see the issue happening anywhere else... just me and my mac! Have also restarted a couple of times but that hasn't helped...

Joe

Quote from: PR Treefrog on March 04, 2010, 01:06:26 AMYes,  :cheesy: definitely prepress

I can't see the issue happening anywhere else... just me and my mac! Have also restarted a couple of times but that hasn't helped...

Oh, I guess you mean here. I was thinking of the Layout area in the printer settings. In that case all I can think of at the moment is to quit Acrobat, move your Acrobat preferences to the desktop. Restart Acrobat and see if it works. If it does your preference file was corrupt. If not you might want to try "Repair Acrobat Installation" under the Help menu.

Grimace

Hey there, I'm new to the forum here, but I may have had the same problem.

I fixed it by going to page setup and making sure that the paper size was correct to the job, I had printed to another printer previously and the settings stuck and would not allow for options that would not fit on the indicated sheet size. I know it sounds silly, check anyway, it took me a while to get to that point!

It has happened a couple of times to me, and going through page setup first sometimes helps.

David

Good idea Grimace!
yeah, I always have to hit the page setup first, I'm constantly changing paper sizes (we have letter, tabloid, and tabloid extra).

and welcome to the forums!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beermonster

yep try page set up - always do it here too - actually helps me stop sending stuff to the wrong printers/rips....... :embarrassed:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

PR Treefrog

Still not working....   :banghead:

Any other suggestions?

Grimace

Quote from: PR Treefrog on March 04, 2010, 05:36:38 PMStill not working....   :banghead:

Any other suggestions?

It's all PDF files that are affected?
I only ask because if there is security attached to a file, maybe that would cause the issue?
Just asking, but as I type this I figure you probably created the PDF, in which case, No idea, I poured through all my settings and could not duplicate the problem.
Uninstall and re install is what its looking like....

David

does the PPD your using support this feature?
try picking another one and see if it pops in.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

PR Treefrog

I've got two printers installed and I was able to do it with both last week, and now can't do it with either. It looks like a re-install of Acrobat, and the ppd - when (if  :sad:) I get the time to do it!

Thanks for the replies!