Acrobat 7 running like a slug

Started by frailer, August 20, 2010, 10:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I've cleaned caches recently, and other stuff. Haven't had a chance this last week, so it could have snuk up on me in that time. Even after relaunch, beach balls, no-clicky anything, long waits. Acrobat 9, quite snappy. OK, I'm using 9 more for PitStop stuff, though hate the 'cleaned up' icon Inspector panel with its dumb-kitsch icons...and hidden drop-downs. Quite often I'd rather opt for the 7 PitStop Inspector because it looks like a prepress tool...   :angry:
Any 7-specific things I can clean out? During the week I may run applejack, as well as other stuff. Just odd that 9 is so much snappier. Never noticed that sort of difference before, as cleanups would speed them both up.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Are you running them concurrently? For example, is something else occuring while you were using 7? A backup or something? This happened to me today. Did 7 have an automatic update?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

7 runs under Rosetta which is bound to make it slower though we still have some, ahem...hold overs, from yesteryear using it here and it's not all that slow. But it is slower than 9.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

No background stuff I'm aware of, though I'll look.

Quotesome, ahem...hold overs, from yesteryear

I get the message.   :laugh:   You using 9 mostly?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 20, 2010, 11:29:52 PMNo background stuff I'm aware of, though I'll look.

Quotesome, ahem...hold overs, from yesteryear

I get the message.   :laugh:   You using 9 mostly?

Only 9..Acrobat that is. I don't have Pitstop 9. Still on Pitstop 7.52.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Right, that's where I was confused about your 9s. You got the best of both, methinks. Though there are some good things in PSP 9.

G_Town

Try applejack or repair disk Perm?

frailer

Seems I was a little snowed under last week. Overdue Permissions Repair and Cache Clean. Pretty much fixed. But I had a very sick Mac before that. Everything had slowed. I need to get stuff off these drives and Archive to DVD too. Too full.  I feel like the friggin' White Rabbit.   :sad: