Acrobat 9 Preflight Panels

Started by gnubler, November 03, 2010, 11:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

here's the rescue club, for all the people who do "rescues"...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on August 17, 2011, 12:00:12 PMsend it to me if you can, I'll run it through Pitstop.

I might, thanks. It's being farmed out to another shop, maybe I'll just let them preflight it.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

if you need, just send me a PM and I'll hook you up with my info.

operators are standing by     :drunk3:
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

back from 2 hour lunch, some new energy smart grid scheme they signed up for here. Shut the power off for 2 hours as a "test" for this thing they're doing.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on August 17, 2011, 01:59:39 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on August 17, 2011, 01:36:36 PMback from 2 hour lunch

And what's the problem?

having to punch out for 2 hours, thereby wiping out 2 hours of overtime I might have. Other than that it was ok, manager bought us lunch at The Chicken Basket - which is an old Route 66 roadhouse with a killer buffet of fried chicken, pizza, dumplings, and fritters. I think my team leader put away 5 plates worth.

Guy Fieri ate there at Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, it's been there a long time. Used to actually be route 66 there, now it's a frontage road for I-55
vdp donkey

Joe

The grid is going down? Gnubler?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

vdp donkey

gnubler

I didn't get the memo about the apocalypse hitting today. Not ready yet, I still have to measure the square footage of my house/yard.

frailer

Quote from: tpatterson on August 17, 2011, 02:10:47 PM
Quote from: gnubler on August 17, 2011, 01:59:39 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on August 17, 2011, 01:36:36 PMback from 2 hour lunch

And what's the problem?

having to punch out for 2 hours, thereby wiping out 2 hours of overtime I might have. Other than that it was ok, manager bought us lunch at The Chicken Basket - which is an old Route 66 roadhouse with a killer buffet of fried chicken, pizza, dumplings, and fritters. I think my team leader put away 5 plates worth.

Guy Fieri ate there at Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, it's been there a long time. Used to actually be route 66 there, now it's a frontage road for I-55

Where? Gimme a home-in. Love all that Route 66 stuff. Bought one of those landscape coffee-table books on it when in a book shop in SF, '97.
Oh, and WhyTF would you have to clock-off because of a power failure? You mean end of the day? Or in middle, then clock back on?   :huh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on August 17, 2011, 03:04:56 PMLove all that Route 66 stuff.

I live off Route 66. They've been busy tearing down several of the retro 60s motels lately (modern whorehouses / shitholes now)

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on August 17, 2011, 03:06:33 PM
Quote from: frailer on August 17, 2011, 03:04:56 PMLove all that Route 66 stuff.

I live off Route 66. They've been busy tearing down several of the retro 60s motels lately (modern whorehouses / shitholes now)

Which may mean half the places photographed in the book prolly been demolished.  :shrug:

..Gallop, New Mexico, Flagstaff Arizona, don't forget Winona....   :band:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on August 17, 2011, 03:04:56 PMWhere? Gimme a home-in. Love all that Route 66 stuff. Bought one of those landscape coffee-table books on it when in a book shop in SF, '97.
Oh, and WhyTF would you have to clock-off because of a power failure? You mean end of the day? Or in middle, then clock back on?   :huh:

chickenbasket.com

Was not a power failure, it was a planned shutdown as part of our initial setup for this so-called smart grid thing. We're supposedly saving all kinds of money for participating in this, they will supposedly ask us periodically to shut down for a couple hours voluntarily. I think it's just another scam, and it is causing all kinds of problems with our deadlines today, busy as shit.
vdp donkey