News:

Main Menu

Started by DigiCorn, January 29, 2013, 01:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

It happens when I close the document. I can use it once or fifty times, so long as the document is open. Once it's closed, crash bang boom.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Separation preview is the leading cause of acrobat crashes here. When it starts to not respond I know it's about to go boom. Always with a file open.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

MCpwr

Quote from: Farabomb on February 28, 2013, 11:56:05 AMSeparation preview is the leading cause of acrobat crashes here. When it starts to not respond I know it's about to go boom. Always with a file open.

I have the same issue with Output Preview. It happens at least a few times a week.

Having more fun then you can shake a stick at since 1987!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Huh, I haven't had a problem with that issue. One issue I am having, and it's not a biggy, just kind of irritating. If I have two PDFs open in version 9, When I copy from one PDF, switch to the other document and paste, Acrobat crashes. I have to open one, copy it, close it, then I can open the other and paste no problem.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Have you tried emptying the Safari cache?  :cheesy:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

MCpwr

Quote from: Earendil on February 28, 2013, 12:20:10 PMHave you tried emptying the Safari cache?  :cheesy:

Tried that but still having the same problem.  :tongue:

Joe

There are two known and documented issues with Output Preview.

The first is that if you open multiple PDF documents and are switching between open PDF documents with output preview open that sometimes the separation list in output preview does not update to reflect the actual separations that are in the current PDF. If you try turning off a separation when this happens you get an instant crash of Acrobat.

The second is if you have output preview open with no PDF open and click the box to turn off a separation you get an instant crash of Acrobat. This one might be confined to Acrobat 10 as I don't remember it in previous versions.

Both of those issues seem to get worse the longer you run acrobat with the current prefs file. Deleting prefs occasionally makes the issue better but does not solve it. I made a new prefs file, situated all the tools I wanted in my toolbar and then made a copy of the prefs in a folder on my desktop. When acrobat starts acting pissy I replace the old prefs file with the new pristine copy and I'm good to go for a while.

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 28, 2013, 12:08:14 PMIf I have two PDFs open in version 9, When I copy from one PDF, switch to the other document and paste, Acrobat crashes. I have to open one, copy it, close it, then I can open the other and paste no problem.

Does it only do that with Output Preview open? I haven't seen that issue in Acrobat 10 and I copy and paste a lot between open PDF's.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

MCpwr

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 28, 2013, 12:08:14 PMHuh, I haven't had a problem with that issue. One issue I am having, and it's not a biggy, just kind of irritating. If I have two PDFs open in version 9, When I copy from one PDF, switch to the other document and paste, Acrobat crashes. I have to open one, copy it, close it, then I can open the other and paste no problem.

I remember having an issue like that but it seemed to go away after we upgraded to OS 10.5.8

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on February 28, 2013, 12:28:54 PMThere are two known and documented issues with Output Preview.

The first is that if you open multiple PDF documents and are switching between open PDF documents with output preview open that sometimes the separation list in output preview does not update to reflect the actual separations that are in the current PDF. If you try turning off a separation when this happens you get an instant crash of Acrobat.

The second is if you have output preview open with no PDF open and click the box to turn off a separation you get an instant crash of Acrobat. This one might be confined to Acrobat 10 as I don't remember it in previous versions.

Both of those issues seem to get worse the longer you run acrobat with the current prefs file. Deleting prefs occasionally makes the issue better but does not solve it. I made a new prefs file, situated all the tools I wanted in my toolbar and then made a copy of the prefs in a folder on my desktop. When acrobat starts acting pissy I replace the old prefs file with the new pristine copy and I'm good to go for a while.

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 28, 2013, 12:08:14 PMIf I have two PDFs open in version 9, When I copy from one PDF, switch to the other document and paste, Acrobat crashes. I have to open one, copy it, close it, then I can open the other and paste no problem.

Does it only do that with Output Preview open? I haven't seen that issue in Acrobat 10 and I copy and paste a lot between open PDF's.

Most likely. I ALWAYS have Output Preview on. I'll test it out.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 28, 2013, 12:57:06 PMMost likely. I ALWAYS have Output Preview on. I'll test it out.

Me too. I wish there were a way to make it open automatically when I open Acrobat. And Pitstop Inspector with the Pitstop selection tool selected.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

When you figure it out, let me know. :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: MCpwr on February 28, 2013, 12:04:19 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on February 28, 2013, 11:56:05 AMSeparation preview is the leading cause of acrobat crashes here. When it starts to not respond I know it's about to go boom. Always with a file open.

I have the same issue with Output Preview. It happens at least a few times a week.
It's the same tool.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

As are you.  :tongue:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Ditto-ditto. :hello: Corn.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway