Best program for editing xls files

Started by Farabomb, March 16, 2017, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Yes, I know it's probably excel but is there a free one for Mac that won't pork things too bad? I have libre office but I've seen what it can do to word docs and it's not pretty.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Never had any issues working with an XLS file in LibreOffice. Just make sure you are running the latest version. Latest version that you can run on your Mac that is.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

...and prolly DO NOT use Google Sheets!
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

Agreed... I have been using Numbers, on the Mac to adjust spreadsheets from excel for a while now. Works well for me. And free... with a new Mac, at least...
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

AaronH

I use open office on my mac at work, and at home now that I think about it. XLS are fine. Docs are garbage, messes them up something fierce. I wish it had a delete duplicates feature though, too many mailing lists that I have to teamviewer into a PC in our shop to use its old M$ Excel. :-\
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris