Pantone Selects Color of the Year for 2008: PANTONE 18-3943 BLUE IRIS

Started by Joe, December 18, 2007, 11:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Pantone Selects Color of the Year for 2008: PANTONE 18-3943 BLUE IRIS

Pantone, Inc., the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, selected PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris, a beautifully balanced blue-purple, as the color of the year for 2008.

http://www.creativepro.com/story/news/26210.html?src=rssall

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

QuoteCombining the stable and calming aspects of blue with the mystical and spiritual qualities of purple, Blue Iris satisfies the need for reassurance in a complex world, while adding a hint of mystery and excitement.

Give me an effin' break!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

David

QuoteBlue Iris brings together the dependable aspect of blue, underscored by a strong, soul-searching purple cast. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic.

excuse me, I must search for my soul...

please, don't bother me...

I'm meditating on this new color.....

ahhhh   mmmmmmmmm

ahhhh   mmmmmmmmm

ahhhh   mmmmmmmmm

:P

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Zimmy3

I thought it would be PANTONE15-2706 - Voilet Ice
(My Colorstology  color) :)
Because it feels good !

Pointyhat

Joe

Quote from: Pointyhat on December 19, 2007, 08:59:36 AMDoesn't matter, my Bizhub will still print it fucking purple.

You really should be the one writing Pantones press releases. ;D

gnubler

Blue Iris brings together the impossible aspect of a CMYK-build blue, underscored by a strong, ghost-like purple cast that offsets on the back of every single sheet because the fucking ink never dries. Emotionally, it is anchoring and meditative with a touch of magic - but only after you stop by the pub for five hours after your shift ends.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

I think gnubler should work for pantone...

what delicate prose...

such imaginative wordsmithing (is that a word?)

LOL
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Pointyhat

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2007, 11:30:21 AM
Quote from: Pointyhat on December 19, 2007, 08:59:36 AMDoesn't matter, my Bizhub will still print it fucking purple.

You really should be the one writing Pantones press releases. ;D

I Know!!!

gnubler

:laugh:

What an awesome thread. So what's the cool color for 2010? I want to use it on everything I print for the next 4 weeks.

Farabomb

With all the Pantone branding going on (Credit cards, bikes, bathroom tissue) they don't want to be pigeon holed into just one color. It has to evoke the proper emotion for what you are doing with the branded product.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on November 30, 2010, 12:50:23 PM:laugh:

What an awesome thread. So what's the cool color for 2010? I want to use it on everything I print for the next 4 weeks.

Pantone Unveils Color of the Year for 2010: PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

QuoteWhether envisioned as a tranquil ocean surrounding a tropical island or a protective stone warding off evil spirits, Turquoise is a color that most people respond to positively.

Not me. Makes me want to puke. Wonder what's in line for 2011?