Will CS4 work with Snow Leopard?

Started by rickself, October 14, 2011, 10:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickself

I know, I can do some real digging to find out, but does anyone have EXPERIENCE with CS4 and whether it works with Snow Leopard? Does Snow Leopard have Rosetta? I'm trying to find the least expensive path to putting Creative Suite on the iMac we're buying, which comes with Snow Leopard 10.6 but what I've been reading is that CS4 only works up to Leopard 10.5.4.
Damn, I'm confusing myself.
Thanks -
Rick Self, Prepress Oldie
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S
Fiery BCE5  Xitron Navigator v.13   Screen 8000II   Azura Plates   Komori L640

Joe

Yes. I use it every day. Add yes it has rosetta but you don't need rosetta for CS4.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

You can even use CS3 on Snow Leopard too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

CS2 as well...

just sayin...

and Quark, if you're into pain.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

andyfest

We use Illy & PhotoShop daily - anything from CS2 to CS5 - using 10.6 with no issues.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

rickself

Sweet!

didn't need to hear the q*@#! word though. It hasn't worked since, well, since, ummm long time ago!
Mac Mini M1   G5 Quad-Core Intel Sierra  HP DesignJet Z6 44in   RICOH Pro C5200S

gnubler

Quote from: rickself on October 14, 2011, 12:00:36 PMdidn't need to hear the q*@#! word though.

Right on, right on. It disgusts me to the point of calling it "quark" (no respectful capitalization) but I think you nailed it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

rickself

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: rickself on October 25, 2011, 05:00:21 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 19, 2011, 04:32:26 PMHahahaha! I know this guy.
No you don't... :rolleyes:

You work in Prepress and now you're doing all my dog food boxes (THANK YOU!)... I know you better than you think. :wink: Prepress only comes in one color, flavor or nationality... Prepress.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

We should start our own country.

Things would go to shit real fast once the brewery was up and running. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Hmmm, what would be up first brewery or distillery? Damn sure the farming operation will be the first thing up and running.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I hope Joe has enough room in his backyard for a handful of angry, lazy prepressers.

rickself

Quote from: gnubler on October 26, 2011, 10:30:32 AMI hope Joe has enough room in his backyard for a handful of angry, lazy prepressers.
It'll never get the press coverage of Occupy Wall Street! This place will be so quiet.