Working from Home / Coronavirus

Started by StudioMonkey, March 20, 2020, 05:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

What's the hold up with the divorce?

It would be a little different if my kids were with me. They are with my parents in Chicago. Also, if they were older. They are 7 and 9 and can't figure out why the shit isn't working. Their teachers do not care either. I already told them I'm doing it to pass state's requirements otherwise it's not possible to get done at all. They said ok. Plus, all of the "special" classes (that's just what they are called it's not for challenged kids) it's the same assignments for my 2nd and 4th grader. And when I tried emailing the teachers about it bc I thought I was missing something, they didn't get back to be for 5 days. And yes it's the same assignments. Fuck that.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigiCorn

Our teachers hold regular *office hours* and host zoom meetings on the reg. They utilize Google Classroom for assignments. In the pre-distance learning days, they had about 2 hours a day to keep them up-to-date on what they've already learned. In the Distance Learning Days, it jumped to about 6 hours a day to keep up. There's a website my 6yo uses for schoolwork called See Saw and another called Raz Kids and his progress is monitored and adjusted based on time spent doing assignments and skill level assessment at the after work *tests*. My 10yo daughter uses Moby Max and Prodigy for math, and again, results are monitored. She uses Epic for reading, and I get an email at the end of the week to follow up.

The school district handed out something like 30,000 Chromebooks and arranged for free internet access for those in need. We have plenty of computers and internet, so we didn't accept. They are 100% doing the work themselves. I don't teach. I make sure they do assignments and check the websites for completion. I print out their paper assignments and make sure they do them, and I am here to answer questions and assist in showing how to do things. Beyond that, I had been working but now I am just cleaning house and fixing up the yard. I ran a ton of new irrigation line yesterday and tied into our existing sprinkler system. I set up our garden/planter box and made sure it's getting watered so I can plant seeds this week.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DPSprint

i so feel for you all! my kids are with me mon-friday at present cos Im 'working' from home, my ex is working at work (builder) and cos he would be hopeless at getting them to do any schoolwork anyway.

mine are 10 and 11, oldest is at intermediate school this year (probably junior high ish USA I guess?). his teachers have been fab, one zooms most days (maths) and I am pushing him a lot with most classes, often having to spend time going through stuff but he is doing ok, He understands has has a certain amount to get done before he can chill on roblox after school. oh and for the first two weeks i had no printer (eventually managed to buy one) so had to handwrite all his work out...   :facepalm:

the other one (primary school still) has a zoom class each day but he tries to multitask at the same time, doing maths online while semi tuning into the meeting (maths, voluntary reading and spelling is about all they have given them to do). Yesterday a school questionaire I responded to got the teacher messaging me and asking does he need more work and me going YES PLEASE! he thinks that cos the teachers are letting them do what they want he can just watch utube all day while his brother moans about having to do work... and me in the middle kinda stuck and not able to give him work cos " the teacher didnt say i had to do it!" and the minute its 'after school' he is on roblox as well
grrrrrr....

on the up side yesterday the govt announced we will go into level 2 on thursday, kids back to school following monday... yehaaaaaaaaa
Not sure when I go back into work though

delooch

Quote from: Skryber on May 11, 2020, 10:52:55 AM
Shes playing the system well. She's figured out how to delay the damn thing without punishment. Ive been pressing her for support and she refuses. She got fired last year for drinking, now shes claiming "mental anguish" and is on disability, meanwhile shes working off the books.  Also, while shes on disability, shes doesnt have to pay her $1100 school loan, and she gets to stay on my health insurance.

We had a mediation in January, and i thought i came out ahead, but as we left she hopped in a fairly new mazda SUV, shes still making payments on her cooper, and has an $1800 rent payment. Shes also got some cuck on the hook which im sure shes using as an ATM. I lost my mind right there again and was able to withdraw the settlement agreement.  Obviously shes more than financially sound.

If i press her in court for support, on paper shes broke, and ill end up having to pay her instead. So now im on lawyer #3, and this time hes going to do all the conversation with her, i just have to sign papers and he gives me updates.

Shes very smart woman, psychotic, but smart.

Skryber

Quote from: delooch on May 11, 2020, 05:17:26 PM
Shes playing the system well. She's figured out how to delay the damn thing without punishment. Ive been pressing her for support and she refuses. She got fired last year for drinking, now shes claiming "mental anguish" and is on disability, meanwhile shes working off the books.  Also, while shes on disability, shes doesnt have to pay her $1100 school loan, and she gets to stay on my health insurance.

We had a mediation in January, and i thought i came out ahead, but as we left she hopped in a fairly new mazda SUV, shes still making payments on her cooper, and has an $1800 rent payment. Shes also got some cuck on the hook which im sure shes using as an ATM. I lost my mind right there again and was able to withdraw the settlement agreement.  Obviously shes more than financially sound.

If i press her in court for support, on paper shes broke, and ill end up having to pay her instead. So now im on lawyer #3, and this time hes going to do all the conversation with her, i just have to sign papers and he gives me updates.

That sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Hasn't it been a few years now?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

delooch

Quote from: Skryber on May 12, 2020, 07:28:19 AM

That sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through that. Hasn't it been a few years now?

summer of 2016. you think the court would compel her with a fine by now. i did learn that the myth against men in the family courts is unbelievably true. i really hate saying that but if the tables were turned i would have been fucked from day 1.

Skryber

Quote from: delooch on May 12, 2020, 09:09:23 AM
Quote from: Skryber on May 12, 2020, 07:28:19 AM

summer of 2016. you think the court would compel her with a fine by now. i did learn that the myth against men in the family courts is unbelievably true. i really hate saying that but if the tables were turned i would have been fucked from day 1.

Not in Indiana. Jerry's ex wife was held in contempt multiple times. They ended up throwing them out in a deal but out here it's always what best for the kids. Your lawyer should file a motion to compel her financials. Although if nothing is going in her bank account, there's probably not a way to prove anything. It's sad it gets to that point. I had my divorce handled before I filed. 60 days done. We were fair.

delooch

thats just the thing, theres nothing worth this battle.

We were supposed to keep this honest, but she just wants to walk away with half the house & my retirement while i keep $30k of debt. She gives up nothing.
Ironically she wants me to pay on her school loans, which isn't going to happen. Her MBA has nothing to do with me. She tried coming after my inheritance last year, she lost that battle too.

The 2nd lawyer focused on her submitting her financials, which after 2 more court hearings she still hasn't. $1200 later that didn't work either.  now lawyer #3 sounds confident, but the last 2 did as well.

If she wasn't trying so damn hard to hide it, id have no interest.

Skryber

In Indiana it's 50/50. What you had before you were married stays yours. What you obtain while you are married is 50/50. That includes both your retirements but only what's added while you were married. Debt would be split 50/50. And it doesn't matter who obtained what. She can get you for half of her school loans but again, only if they were incurred during your marriage. Any debt incurred after the divorce was filed is not split. She can try for hardship but one look at why she lost her job, depending on the judge, he/she would throw that out. Submit character evidence too. Should be easy for the judge to see what she's doing.
We don't have alimony in Indiana. But there is "maintenance" but that ends when your divorce has a final judgement. It's meant for bills to continue to be paid. And whoever is paying the maintenance gets to write it off during tax time. The person getting it has to claim it as income.
Every state is different.
I'll never get married ever again.

delooch

this is my 2nd round, there will not be a 3rd. all i got out of this marriage was 2 awesome kids and a personality disorder. i swear to god i have ptsd from it

in CA its all 50/50 as well, except I don't have any responsibility toward her school loans. she also cashed in her 401k before we split, and the lawyer says i cant get that back as it happened before separation, even without my knowledge.. so there's that.

we did mediation but is wasnt successful because im not bargaining shit without seeing her financials. the last year we were together she made $108k.. that's 2x my salary and im still paying on everything we own.

DPSprint

Quote from: Skryber on May 12, 2020, 10:22:21 AM
In Indiana it's 50/50. What you had before you were married stays yours. What you obtain while you are married is 50/50. That includes both your retirements but only what's added while you were married. Debt would be split 50/50. And it doesn't matter who obtained what. She can get you for half of her school loans but again, only if they were incurred during your marriage. Any debt incurred after the divorce was filed is not split. She can try for hardship but one look at why she lost her job, depending on the judge, he/she would throw that out. Submit character evidence too. Should be easy for the judge to see what she's doing.
We don't have alimony in Indiana. But there is "maintenance" but that ends when your divorce has a final judgement. It's meant for bills to continue to be paid. And whoever is paying the maintenance gets to write it off during tax time. The person getting it has to claim it as income.
Every state is different.
I'll never get married ever again.
sounds pretty similar to NZ... I wasnt married to this ex (although after three years a partnership is treated like a marriage in NZ) and I have a separation agreement (which states who gets what if we separate) so it should be straight forward. My previous marriage split was ok a well, but no kids then

BUT OMFG delooch, what a saga you have gone through! It would totally do my head in!

delooch

shit this is the least of my problems. fucking cancer is raising its head again, they are talking a 2nd marrow transplant, my left arm is pretty much useless, they found a 3rd fractured vertebrate... even though im somewhat paranoid with this CV19 shit - (no immune system too!) i say BRING IT THE FUCK ON. It will pass. It seems im somewhat indestructible at this point. and i say that, every. fucking. time...

Im not sad about it anymore. i lost 2 years of my life worrying about whats next.

In all honesty, im going to end up wrapping my Rx7 around a pole or something stupid like that.

DigiCorn

Sorry, delooch. That whole fucking thing licks donkey balls. Hairy donkey balls. Dirty, hairy donkey balls.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: delooch on May 12, 2020, 02:38:36 PM
shit this is the least of my problems. fucking cancer is raising its head again, they are talking a 2nd marrow transplant, my left arm is pretty much useless, they found a 3rd fractured vertebrate... even though im somewhat paranoid with this CV19 shit - (no immune system too!) i say BRING IT THE FUCK ON. It will pass. It seems im somewhat indestructible at this point. and i say that, every. fucking. time...

Im not sad about it anymore. i lost 2 years of my life worrying about whats next.

In all honesty, im going to end up wrapping my Rx7 around a pole or something stupid like that.

WOW....good luck man. I know that doesn't help much. :'(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Sorry delooch! sheesh so much to deal with, Praying for peace for you brotha!
I'm starting to fight with nutrition, knowing what chemo does to your blood
I'm trying to replenish with foods that boost red and white blood cells and iron.
The Covid does make it a super scary thing.

I was getting my white blood cell injection and I met a bubble boy, well actually bubble man :laugh:
He has no immune system and he gets a treatment that gives him super immunity so he doesn't have to live in
a bubble. Interesting