Only took 30 years

Started by Grimace, October 15, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

And finally! Previewing font list with selected text.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

FREEFORM GRADIENTS! So long mesh tool! I'm both excited and skeered.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

You can also now activate and sync as many fonts from Typekit that your little heart desires.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on October 17, 2018, 12:38:34 PMFREEFORM GRADIENTS! So long mesh tool! I'm both excited and skeered.

Yeah that will bite RIPs in the ass.

Skryber

Quote from: Joe on October 17, 2018, 12:39:00 PMYou can also now activate and sync as many fonts from Typekit that your little heart desires.

I saw that too. So far, I like.

Skryber

I'm not sure which version they changed it because I stopped updating after this, but they had made it so you couldn't set "number of recent fonts" to "0" in prefs and now it's 0-15.

David

dammit adobe... my mac got updated and it wiped out my older versions of Indesign, Illy and photoshop.
I need to get the ID CC 2015 installer, anyone got one or know where I can get it?. Can't find it on the intertubes
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

wonderings

Quote from: david on October 19, 2018, 07:50:21 AMdammit adobe... my mac got updated and it wiped out my older versions of Indesign, Illy and photoshop.
I need to get the ID CC 2015 installer, anyone got one or know where I can get it?. Can't find it on the intertubes

You can download it through the CC app itself

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

David

thanks so much, why do they want to hide this.
I did adobe searches and found this, but it does not exist.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

David click "Manage" shown below then click "Other Versions". You should see it then.

David

got it, thanks for all the help!

I have to many plugins that do not work with the newer apps, like HP Smartstream, etc.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on October 19, 2018, 09:46:25 AMgot it, thanks for all the help!

I have to many plugins that do not work with the newer apps, like HP Smartstream, etc.

Adobe, like a badger, don't care.

David

no shit, I mean, it all happened in the blink of an eye, and before I could stop it, all my stuff was wiped out.
Took me about 2 hours to get the apps back and make sure all my plugins and scripts, etc were still there.

sonsabeeches

:drunk3:  :drunk3:
Livin' la Vida Loca

wonderings

I always keep old versions for a while till I am comfortable that the latest version is stable and does everything I need. It seems to remember my choice of keeping the old version but I still always double check when installing a new version.

Joe

It doesn't remember my selection from previous installs. The box is always checked to "Remove all previous versions".