News:

Main Menu

Word to Pdf

Started by Tracy, March 14, 2023, 09:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Does anyone know how to output a Word doc that has different page sizes (a step book) into a pdf?
I may ask for a pdf but knowing the customer it could be a problem.

born2print

At a glance, make a bunch of separate pdfs to get the sizes right then combine the pdfs?
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

I think you should be able to export a PDF directly from Word.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

;D  You guys are just like me, Silly Prepressers!!

I figured it out, from acro go to the tools screen/show all tools and select Create pdf.
select the word doc and then create, I got the step book in the correct sizes!!

born2print

:)) You were ready for a nasty battle weren't you?

Tracy

;D  I have never created a pdf like that before, Holy cow is that good info.

trying to get a pdf out of word with 25 different page sizes would not work
I could only pick one size, and that would cause more work then it already is!
you would think it would be easier.

DigiCorn

Once upon a time I had a script authored in Acrobat Actions that took a document, regardless of number of pages and sizes, and resized them all to 8.5 x 11. I think I still had to manually go through it and rotate some pages, tho. I don't know if I remember how to tell you how to create it either; it involved editing an Action.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

Quite Imposing does that quite well. But if you don't have it you can't use it I suppose. (duh).

You just change the page size to 8.5x11 and scale to fit all pages into that size.

Tracy

Yeah I could of done that in word, but it was a step book, so that would of created lots more work
it already is a lot of work, bad file, fixing bleeds and pretty much 25 layouts.
I use to use quite imposing, awesome program!

DCurry

Most of the time when we do stepdowns we just leave them at 8.5x11 and make sure everything is aligned to the top, then just impo as 8.5x11 so we don't need a bunch of different layouts.

(This really only works if the number of stepdowns don't affect the possible number out on the sheet.)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

It's pretty much or even exactly the same pressheet you end up with going through all the hassle of mulitsizing :thumbsup:

Tracy

would be nice, but I have to fix the step tab on every page as they are not in the correct position
I don't get that good of files  ;D

born2print

So at least you don't have to overkill it by extending stepped bars 1/32" so they lap under the bar before it  8)

Tracy

actually I do that  :angel:

I'm tedious that way  ;D

born2print

And bindery thanks you  8)