Change specific colour across entire PDF document?

Started by wonderings, January 16, 2020, 11:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

Not sure if this is possible and have not found anything googling it.

I have a PDF file, 32 page book. No working file. They are not happy with the colour of a green that shows up throughout the entire document. Is there a way of searching out all objects that have a specific CMYK value and convert to a different CMYK value? So find all C29 M2 Y100 K0 and replace with C35 M0 Y85 K0?

Running latest version of Acrobat DC on a Mac.

Joe

Pitstop global change or an action list can do it if it is in vector artwork but not if you are wanting to change it in a raster image.

You could kind of do it to images via Curves in Pitstop with an action list giving your source color as C29 M2 Y100 K0 and your target color of C35 M0 Y85 K0 but as it does in Photoshop it may affect areas that you don't want it to.

But since you didn't mention Pitstop I'm guessing you want a solution that doesn't involve Pitstop. As far as I can tell there is not a way to do it with just Acrobat DC.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 16, 2020, 11:43:24 AM
Pitstop global change or an action list can do it if it is in vector artwork but not if you are wanting to change it in a raster image.

You could kind of do it to images via Curves in Pitstop with an action list giving your source color as C29 M2 Y100 K0 and your target color of C35 M0 Y85 K0 but as it does in Photoshop it may affect areas that you don't want it to.

But since you didn't mention Pitstop I'm guessing you want a solution that doesn't involve Pitstop. As far as I can tell there is not a way to do it with just Acrobat DC.

I was looking for a way without Pitstop. Turns out there was a registration key available at our new location for Pitstop 2019 (our family business merged with a larger print shop). Pitstop did it with no problem. Thanks!

Joe

I don't know how people in Prepress survive without Pitstop! Well I do know but why would you do it?

:facepalm:

DigiCorn

Because your chintzy boss won't spring for it!

well, technically we do have an older version on Acrobat 9, but only on the Fiery. I never use it... well, I pretty much don't need it. I have figured out a lot of workarounds in Acrobat DC with the fix-ups that kind of do similar things. And when all else fails, I put it in InDesign/Illustrator and fix what I need and paste it together.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

It pays for itself. Then it makes money for you after that. A boss that refuses to pay for it is an idiot.

:lmao:

pspdfppdfxhd

abc

Silently smiles, turns round and opens another beer

Tracy

If I didn't have pitstop I would pay for it myself
I can't work without it!

DigiCorn

you're a better person than i. i wouldn't want to be out of pocket that much. i can and have found sufficient workarounds.

it's odd. when i had it, it seemed indispensable. now that i haven't had it for a few years, it's like, meh
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway