Defining Workflows and tickets.

Started by Zimmy3, September 13, 2007, 07:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

Yeah good luck to you to David.
    It would be nice to have more ESKO topics, but there doesnt seem to be many ESKO people on this Forum. Zimmy told me about this topic...of course his work station is about 20 feet from me.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2

David

hey, got a question for you guys.

I noticed you have Pitstop server, do you use this in your Esko workflow or as a stand-alone on a separate server?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

mojo

We use Pitstop as a standalone. The 2 didnt support each other for a while. However I think with this last ESKO upgrade were back to playing nice together. We should be able to use Backstage hotfolders and Pitstop baselines. But havent tried...yet.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2

David

We just recently bought Pitstop server (someone had a bright idea and didn't tell me).
It was installed on a stand-alone server and then they decided to "use it with Esko".
Well, it has to be installed on the Esko server to work with Esko, and now they can't decide what they want to use it for...

oh well.

something to do in my spare time...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

mojo

I'd have to check with our IT guys, but for some reason I dont think you want to install Pitstop on your Backstage Server. I think you want BackStage to "point" to a Pitstop executible file on the Pitstop server. I dont have a lot of expierence in configuration so.... We are finding more and more uses for Pitstop. Its mostly been customer driven however we are starting to use it internally as well.
Backstage 7.0
Nexus Manager 8.4
Pitstop Server 4.0
Packedge 7.0
Illustrator CS2