News:

Main Menu

ArtPro 9.5 License Manager

Started by KWells1979, August 21, 2009, 09:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWells1979

Just a quick question regarding the new licensing options for ArtPro...

I have a separate license file for each copy of ArtPro. When I go to activate each one of different macs do I use the same EskoArtwork license account details or do I ahve to create separate login accounts for each mac as well?

Thanks

beck

I'm assuming your talking about software downloads?

We have ONE Customer Login / Password for our company.  We download all to one Mac, then load the appropriate software on the appropriate Mac.  Each Mac will have it's own Dongle Number & Encoding Number...you'll need those numbers to download.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

KWells1979

Quote from: beck  on August 21, 2009, 10:05:23 AMI'm assuming your talking about software downloads?

We have ONE Customer Login / Password for our company.  We download all to one Mac, then load the appropriate software on the appropriate Mac.  Each Mac will have it's own Dongle Number & Encoding Number...you'll need those numbers to download.

beck

Thanks Beck. This is what we already do but 9.5 no longer uses dongles. It's now done using the Esko Local License Manager. I fire a quick email over to support and see what they say.

beck

We're in the Stone Age...still on 8.4.  Still works great, tho.
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

G_Town

Quote from: beck  on August 21, 2009, 03:07:54 PMWe're in the Stone Age...still on 8.4.  Still works great, tho.

So are we :embarrassed:

Although I did d/l 9.1 and gave it a swirl the coolest part about it, I thought, was you can do a select by paint as a key board shortcut. I had to ditch it though since I had an issue with screened spot colors over process making the process ultra low res, almost got to press like that.

PrepressN00b

Quote from: KWells1979 on August 21, 2009, 09:56:07 AMJust a quick question regarding the new licensing options for ArtPro...

I have a separate license file for each copy of ArtPro. When I go to activate each one of different macs do I use the same EskoArtwork license account details or do I ahve to create separate login accounts for each mac as well?

Thanks

You can use the same or different. I would suggest that you create one account per facility and load all of the license files to that account.
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

KWells1979

Quote from: PrepressN00b on August 22, 2009, 11:03:04 PM
Quote from: KWells1979 on August 21, 2009, 09:56:07 AMJust a quick question regarding the new licensing options for ArtPro...

Thanks

You can use the same or different. I would suggest that you create one account per facility and load all of the license files to that account.

Thats great, thanks.

Wasn't sure if using the same account over different machines would cause a clash but it does make sense just using one Company account to keep it simple.