News:

Main Menu

nexus RIP

Started by geminianspark, May 17, 2010, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geminianspark

we changed the ip address of the server running Nexus RIP and now the software is stilll looking for the old ip address... how/where do we fix this?

G_Town

Nexus manager/preferences/servers tab/delete old IP with minus in lower left of window add new by using the +.

geminianspark

did that part.... that's from the mac side though.... i got the red exclamation which led me to check the actual PC server.  The RIP itself won't boot up... 

Joe

I don't know if it's still the case as I don't use Nexus anymore but there used to be a config file in the Nexus folder on the server that had the IP address in it for that server. I think the name was Nexus.???? Can't remember the extension of it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

geminianspark

yea, the "could not match ip to nexus.env" error came up.... opened that file in notepad and changed the ip address but that didn't work either.  put a call into esko, help desk called back, got the info and has to call me back.  fun fun.   loving corporate america!!!

Joe

Quote from: geminianspark on May 17, 2010, 12:36:21 PMyea, the "could not match ip to nexus.env" error came up.... opened that file in notepad and changed the ip address but that didn't work either.  put a call into esko, help desk called back, got the info and has to call me back.  fun fun.   loving corporate america!!!

You have to restart Nexus after changing the file in case you hadn't tried that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

geminianspark

yup... did that one too.   Help called back, told us to do those things.... didn't work...  so now they have to call someone to get more information. 

thanks for you help though...  appreciate the fast responses.

geminianspark

It's fixed now.... thanks for your input guys... very much appreciated !!! 

FWIW:  we had to go to the advanced tab for the tcp/ip settings and delete out the old ip address even though the new one was there and applied... the application was still trying to use to the old one i guess.  But deleting that out fixed the issue in case anyone else comes across that problem.