ANY BODY using Automation 10 yet????

Started by geminianspark, October 01, 2010, 08:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geminianspark

Just curious what kind of configuration changes you've had to make.  And how you like it so far.  It's in the plans for us but i don't know when yet.  Just trying to get an idea of how much it involves.... espically interested if you've had nexus and backstage setup and now have automation 10....  did it completely remove the nexus from your workflow or not and how much reconfiguration was involved?

David

We have yet to receive our disks for 10 (still running Suite 7). And I've been told that Automation 10 will require Esko to install and configure as well as train you on the new functions (for which there will be a charge for).
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

naplajoie2000

We are close to upgrade right now, just waiting on corporate to sign off on server and workstation upgrades. We beta tested 10 last fall, and didn't see any problems, or real training issues. Suttle is new to backstage people, and the automation functionality by creating workflows is interesting and can be useful in the right environment.

geminianspark

We upgraded at the end of Jan.... all I can say is AWESOME!!!!  Going from chains to workflows... and the addition of routers has allowed us to link our chains together and run one ticket vs multiple tickets to accomplish the same tasks....  LOVE IT.