News:

Main Menu

Acrobat bug report

Started by Joe, August 23, 2017, 11:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Had one last night. A little logo about 1" square.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: t-pat on September 01, 2017, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: Joe on September 01, 2017, 06:34:16 AMWasn't by chance a pdf with 8 gazillion paths in it?

Vector bomber strikes again. I love showing people wireframe view on these things.

Waaaay, I would recognize Randys combination cheeseburger beer gut anywhere.... this site is really turning trailer park! Who is next? Lahees ex Barb?

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 01, 2017, 01:01:28 PM
Quote from: Joe on September 01, 2017, 06:34:16 AMWasn't by chance a pdf with 8 gazillion paths in it?

Vector bomber strikes again. I love showing people wireframe view on these things.

Waaaay, I would recognize Randys combination cheeseburger beer gut anywhere.... this site is really turning trailer park! Who is next? Lahees ex Barb?

Or maybe Conky, that little coniving puppet bastard

t-pat

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 01, 2017, 01:07:05 PM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 01, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

Or maybe Conky, that little coniving puppet bastard

CYRUS

https://goo.gl/images/2W34HL
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DPSprint

seems to be happening with a whole lot of different pdfs (tends to be larger books that have images though, not so much vector files) and even after i have finished and closed the files the memory levels just keep going up.

Think I might try clearing the recent files and see if that makes a difference, I hardly ever use that feature anyway

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on September 01, 2017, 12:25:33 PMHad one last night. A little logo about 1" square.
ooo thats delightful! lol!

Joe

Not that I am getting my hopes up but...

[attachimg=1 width=400]

DPSprint

and i am still having the same bloated ram issue with acrobat... and luckily (or unluckily perhaps) i have found someone else with the issue
https://forums.adobe.com/message/9807157#9807157

ignore the jpg, its too small to see, and I cant seem to delete it from the post

Joe

Definitely looks like Acrobat is using a lot of memory. I'm not seeing that with mine. What version of OS X are you on? And do you have any 3rd party plug-ins besides Pitstop?

DPSprint

only pitstop plugin, version number attached.
 OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Joe

Hmmmm....looks like I may not have gotten the recent bug introduced by Adobe yet. I still have an older version. Something to look forward to.

:facepalm:

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on September 04, 2017, 04:39:33 PMHmmmm....looks like I may not have gotten the recent bug introduced by Adobe yet. I still have an older version. Something to look forward to.

:facepalm:
yes i am wondering if they have just introduced this to some parts of the world yet.... like the south pacific.
I'm pretty sure everyone in the US would be yelling from the rooftops by now.

I just have to quit from acrobat every hour... which is annoying.
I accidently didn't yesterday and came back after lunch to everything out of memory and having to restart the computer, that was very annoying.

Joe

Quote from: DPSprint on September 04, 2017, 03:36:28 PMonly pitstop plugin, version number attached.
 OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Work iMac is running the same version that you have and I haven't had any of the memory errors. I am on Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6). Not sure if that would make a difference though.

Joe

Adobe has FINALLY fixed this issue in the latest update released February 13.

QuoteHi All,

With the latest update of Acrobat on 13th Feb, this issue has been addressed. Make sure you are on the latest update by visiting Help > Check for updates (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2018.html#dccontinuousfebruarytwentyeighteen/ ).

We have added a preference "Use Shift + Click for Multiple Selection with Output Preview " to enable multiple objects selection when the output preview dialog is open. To select multiple objects, use Shift + Click. To add a sticky note containing the color values, use Alt + Click (on Windows) or Option + Click (on Mac).

For more details, refer https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/previewing-output-acrobat-pro.html .

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Regards,
Priyanka Jain

Here is the setting:

[attachimg=1 width=400]

Farabomb

I got the email today and knew you'd be happy.

Since I'm on acrobat pro v2 it really didn't affect me.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job