Datarmerge in the same page

Started by sampheap, January 30, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sampheap

I got a project to print sticker signs at the size of a thumb. I have to lay 50 signs on a A4 page numbering them from A001 to A999. B001-B999, C001-C99, D001-D999 and E001-E999. So I created those signs and prepare them 50 on A4 in Illustrator, then I created csv. file with those 001-999 numbers.

There I got stuck as I only used to make datamerge work with different page. And now how do I make those numbers merge in the same page with those 50 signs each time?

DCurry

Here's a good video demonstrating how to put multiple records on 1 page in InDesign. You say you're using Illustrator, which confuses me.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

sampheap

Thanks for the video. Will watch it for sure ;)

PS: I used Illy to layout the design then use that design as master page in Indy

DigiCorn

That's great, but is there a cut and stack option?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway