Layer Visibility Error

Started by ninjaPB_43, March 02, 2009, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Try it... it's an Adobe sanctioned product... you never know if you have a weak aorta or other Heart-related issue. Distiller will usually fix it, if not give you a detailed report as to why it can't.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

To add, I distilled both my kids right out the womb... they are better people for it!
Member #285 - Civilian

ratintrap

Distill of the night. :cheesy: :cheesy:

-Rat

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ratintrap on March 04, 2009, 11:18:02 AMDistill of the night. :cheesy: :cheesy:

-Rat

Distill going on? :laugh:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ratintrap

Yup. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

-Rat

ninjaPB_43

so for the time being, my work around is opening offending .PDF into Illy CS3, save as .AI > RELINK in INDD layout to .AI instead of .PDF. Export PDF of layout for trueflow. Works a charm!  :huh:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

DigitalCrapShoveler

That's just crazy. Can you not beat this woman into submission? Set up a routine and have her stick to it? Didn't you mention this situation was coming from a parent or subsidiary company, I mean there's gotta be something you can do?

Oh yeah, I forgot... we work in Prepress. Nevermind. Nice Avatar BTW. :kona:
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 05, 2009, 09:16:07 AMThat's just crazy. Can you not beat this woman into submission? Set up a routine and have her stick to it? Didn't you mention this situation was coming from a parent or subsidiary company, I mean there's gotta be something you can do?

Oh yeah, I forgot... we work in Prepress. Nevermind. Nice Avatar BTW. :kona:

I can beat her(art director) sure..  it's the plethora of arteeests they contract out. They send a bunch of stuff to Trend Offset and a few other printers and everywhere has their own preferences for settings. She can't seem to keep them all(arteeeeeests) on the same page about what is what and when to use which.  :death:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 05, 2009, 09:09:49 AMso for the time being, my work around is opening offending .PDF into Illy CS3, save as .AI > RELINK in INDD layout to .AI instead of .PDF. Export PDF of layout for trueflow. Works a charm!  :huh:

So why not just have them send you the .ai file to begin?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on March 05, 2009, 11:16:17 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 05, 2009, 09:09:49 AMso for the time being, my work around is opening offending .PDF into Illy CS3, save as .AI > RELINK in INDD layout to .AI instead of .PDF. Export PDF of layout for trueflow. Works a charm!  :huh:

don't want them as .ai all the time..  just using it when I come across one of their .PDFs that does this until I can figure out exactly what they're doing to create this issue..    99.9% of their .PDFs are usually PERFECT. I only have to crop them sometimes because they include a signoff area for the customer to sign off on design..  I have actions set up in pitstop to do so, its one click..   

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 05, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

don't want them as .ai all the time..  just using it when I come across one of their .PDFs that does this until I can figure out exactly what they're doing to create this issue..    99.9% of their .PDFs are usually PERFECT. I only have to crop them sometimes because they include a signoff area for the customer to sign off on design..  I have actions set up in pitstop to do so, its one click..

Carry on then. But do give DCS's suggestion of beating someone into submission some consideration. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on March 05, 2009, 11:32:13 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 05, 2009, 11:19:55 AM

Carry on then. But do give DCS's suggestion of beating someone into submission some consideration. :laugh:

always.  It's Plan A really..