InDesign Effect dropping out or scaling issue

Started by gdog05, January 04, 2011, 12:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

If you are headed digital, the answer is integrated imposition, such as PREPS in Prinergy, or the impo within Fujifilm XMF. Not sure of your 'flow as it is now, though.
XMF is also remarketed under another name there. Name escaped me right now, but someone else here uses it. I am bowled over with having it integrated in that way. So easy/quick/configurable.
Your guy's tooling would be a thing of the past. DCurry's right, he's very close to being deskilled.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DCurry

I'm curious as to what kind of marks he uses that couldn't be replicated in Preps. If something is not available in the app itself, you can make customer marks from any EPS or PDF and position them anywhere on the sheet. Even if that wasn't the case, which is more important - correct output that you can rely on or a couple of sheet marks?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Thank you for this thread...it has helped me out today. (And the thread about stupid effects in InDesign)
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david