Quick! I can mount a PC volume from a mac

Started by G_Town, April 18, 2012, 02:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Is there a way to find out the IP address of the PC from the Mac?

David

Is the PC in question a server or just another workstation?

remote login to the pc and go to the network setting, maybe?

I have it easy, I have a list of all my computers and what IP is assigned to each, just for that one reason.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Nothing I can think of but you can walk over to the PC, open a command prompt window and type in ipconfig and it will tell you. Or look at the adapter settings although if it is connecting via DHCP it won't show you the IP address.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Its a long story I'm at a sister plant and they have a bunch of nexus workflows I want to plunder, do you remember if they are kept in a folder as WF's or they are only accessible that way (as a WF file)  through nexus manager?

DigiCorn

Is the share mounted as a volume of the Mac? If so, how? (afp vs. smb)? On my local network, if I do a 'get info' on the mounted volume, it shows me the ip address as the location.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on April 18, 2012, 02:56:45 PMIts a long story I'm at a sister plant and they have a bunch of nexus workflows I want to plunder, do you remember if they are kept in a folder as WF's or they are only accessible that way (as a WF file)  through nexus manager?

As far back as Nexus 8 they were in folders but I have no idea about later versions.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Quote from: G_Town on April 18, 2012, 02:56:45 PMIts a long story I'm at a sister plant and they have a bunch of nexus workflows I want to plunder, do you remember if they are kept in a folder as WF's or they are only accessible that way (as a WF file)  through nexus manager?
Will check when I get into the office tomorrow, but wouldn't it be just as easy to save out of NM and restore when u get back to home base?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

andyfest

I can't find a folder for the workflows within the Nexus 9.5.8 folder on our RIP server G. I think Nexus Manager may be your only option for retrieving workflows.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

G_Town

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 18, 2012, 03:12:23 PMIs the share mounted as a volume of the Mac? If so, how? (afp vs. smb)? On my local network, if I do a 'get info' on the mounted volume, it shows me the ip address as the location.

afp, get info show zilch, must be why.

G_Town

Quote from: andyfest on April 19, 2012, 05:32:52 AMI can't find a folder for the workflows within the Nexus 9.5.8 folder on our RIP server G. I think Nexus Manager may be your only option for retrieving workflows.

Yea I think your right,  I found the correct IP address but the bugger has users set up in Manager, oh well.