News:

Main Menu

Prinect and CIP files

Started by G_Town, July 27, 2010, 11:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Really dumb question, up until lately we have been manually putting pff files from out rip into Prinect to have it generate out ink key settings for our heidys, I changed it to have them be copied right to the prinect machine, if I should need to resend a job how do I make it overwrite the previous fountain setting file?

David

is it appending the name when you send the "same" file again (does it do the xxxx_001 thing)? Ours is set to overwrite the previous files.
Have you tried it to see if it overwrites or appends?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on July 27, 2010, 11:50:58 AMReally dumb question

G, there are no dumb questions.

Only dumb people. Very dumb. (not you)

Do you also think guns kill people? What about nail clippers?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

nail clippers are really bad...
bad clippers, bad
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Quote from: gnubler on July 27, 2010, 12:41:54 PMDo you also think guns kill people?

oh, pop quiz...

eh, bullets kill people!

what do I win?
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on July 27, 2010, 01:56:33 PMbullets kill people!

what do I win?

Nothing. (you lost, I'm sorry)

I've held a handful of bullets in my BARE HANDS and guess what? Nothing happened, didn't die. Next?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

So you beat people to death with the gun too, forgoing the bullets? I thought I was the only one that did this. Nice to know I'm not weird or anything.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: david on July 27, 2010, 12:20:54 PMis it appending the name when you send the "same" file again (does it do the xxxx_001 thing)? Ours is set to overwrite the previous files.

Doesn't append, we even took the sheet name off in Nexus only difference is date, is there a pref to set it to overwrite?

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on July 27, 2010, 12:41:54 PM
Quote from: G_Town on July 27, 2010, 11:50:58 AMReally dumb question

G, there are no dumb questions.

Only dumb people. Very dumb. (not you)

Do you also think guns kill people? What about nail clippers?

If inserted properly, yes they can.

David

Quote from: G_Town on July 27, 2010, 02:23:56 PMDoesn't append, we even took the sheet name off in Nexus only difference is date, is there a pref to set it to overwrite?
What is it adding to the file name to make it not overwrite?
I'll have to check to see how ours is set up, but ours always overwrites the previous files (as long as the parent file name is the same).
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on July 27, 2010, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: david on July 27, 2010, 12:20:54 PMis it appending the name when you send the "same" file again (does it do the xxxx_001 thing)? Ours is set to overwrite the previous files.

Doesn't append, we even took the sheet name off in Nexus only difference is date, is there a pref to set it to overwrite?

So it put the date and/or time in the file name? You should be able to change the pattern naming in Nexus. Or at least I used to be able to. It's been a long time though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on July 27, 2010, 03:12:53 PMIt's been a long time though.

...2 weeks is a long time in this biz, for me now. 'Use it or lose it' has become just a little too relevant....   :sad:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on July 27, 2010, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: Joe on July 27, 2010, 03:12:53 PMIt's been a long time though.

...2 weeks is a long time in this biz, for me now. 'Use it or lose it' has become just a little too relevant....   :sad:

Actually it's been a whole year since we used Nexus. I've forgot a lot of stuff in that time. And not on purpose. :laugh:    :old:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on July 27, 2010, 09:01:02 PMActually it's been a whole year since we used Nexus. I've forgot a lot of stuff in that time. And not on purpose. :laugh:    :old:
A year!  Now you're bragging.   :laugh:  My average synapse dropout interval is much shorter.   :embarrassed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on July 27, 2010, 03:12:53 PM
Quote from: G_Town on July 27, 2010, 02:23:56 PM

So it put the date and/or time in the file name? You should be able to change the pattern naming in Nexus. Or at least I used to be able to. It's been a long time though.

Everything looks to be the same as far as I can tell.