PNG screen captures

Started by David, February 28, 2008, 09:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

ScreenMat 1.0

This application allows users to change the default format in which screen shots are saved. ScreenMat allows you to change your default screen shot format to PDF, PNG, JPG, or GIF.

Enjoy!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Been looking for a way to change that.

Thanks!

EyeTech

Onyx does that too, as well as other maintenance tasks.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

David

yeah, I remembered that someone was looking for some way to do this, and I found this today and thought I would post it.

cheers,
David
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

For a free app, I can't complain. But I've yet to take a screen shot and not bring it in to PS to crop and save for web...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

EyeTech

Don't you use Shift-Cmd-4 (Apple)? That gives you a cursor that enables you to target an area as opposed to the whole screen.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

David

hey Gnub, you know you can crop them in Preview and save for Web as well (it's faster than doing it in PS).
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Ah yes...I knew about Shift-Cmd-4 but always forget the key combo.

Sadly, I spend most of my days using WinXP, so that involves using the incredibly stupid Prt Scr key and then cropping in PS.

Thanks for the tips!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on February 28, 2008, 12:14:29 PMAh yes...I knew about Shift-Cmd-4 but always forget the key combo.

Sadly, I spend most of my days using WinXP, so that involves using the incredibly stupid Prt Scr key and then cropping in PS.

Thanks for the tips!

ALT + Prt scr copies just the active window in XP.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe  on February 28, 2008, 12:32:39 PMALT + Prt scr copies just the active window in XP.

oh my goodness...it sure does. Thank you!

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

chris_r

i mostly just use shift-cmnd-4, but automator has a little droplet you can put on your desktop that allows you to take pictures of any window you click on.  i used it for a while, but old habits die hard.  automator has some handy little apps that i use, i think it is under-rated.

cr

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: chris_r on February 28, 2008, 02:59:51 PMi mostly just use shift-cmnd-4, but automator has a little droplet you can put on your desktop that allows you to take pictures of any window you click on.  i used it for a while, but old habits die hard.  automator has some handy little apps that i use, i think it is under-rated.

cr

Me too. I use it daily.
Member #285 - Civilian

jezza

SnapNDrag from Yellow Mug is fairly handy and free I believe.

http://www.yellowmug.com/snapndrag/

There's some pretty useful apps at Yellow Mug.

SnapNDrag will even allow to capyure screen grabs/window grabs from DVDs which 'Apple Shift 4' won't. It has it's uses, but clearly you wouldn't want to break a copyright.
one sick prepress mofo

Gutnbg

Shift-Cmd-4 and space bar gives you a shot of any individual window you choose. I find this VERY helpful.

Hit the space bar again and you toggle to/from the marquee tool.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one