WOW
You make me feel like trying myself
I am also bored sh##$^less of this job
I need new challenges
Still not drinking. Never been better

gnubler

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 28, 2009, 09:33:08 PM
Quote from: gnubler on April 28, 2009, 02:44:13 PMDon't forget about this:

This is outdated(2006), I think the newer version has higher swearing numbers... :tongue:

Less swearing, but higher rates of web design suicide. They failed to put that in the pie chart.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on April 29, 2009, 08:28:58 AM
Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on April 28, 2009, 09:33:08 PM
Quote from: gnubler on April 28, 2009, 02:44:13 PMDon't forget about this:

This is outdated(2006), I think the newer version has higher swearing numbers... :tongue:

Less swearing, but higher rates of web design suicide. They failed to put that in the pie chart.

Maybe it's time for an intervention?
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

They also forgot the pie slice where the web designer spends 6 hours staring at one line of code, surrenders, goes to the bar and ends up spending the night in jail.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I'm back into the web world again. Was joyously out for about a year but now find myself working on three new sites simultaneously. The following chart still applies:

Joe

Welcome back. We've missed you.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Quote from: gnubler on March 10, 2011, 10:50:06 AMI'm back into the web world again. Was joyously out for about a year but now find myself working on three new sites simultaneously. The following chart still applies:

I'll be in your shoes next week, gnubler. I'll bet I can think of a few more slices to add to your list.

gnubler

Yeah, that pie chart is outdated. I might have to make a new & improved one. About half of it will be red and just say "FUCK."

youston

Quote from: gnubler on March 10, 2011, 11:36:52 AMYeah, that pie chart is outdated. I might have to make a new & improved one. About half of it will be red and just say "FUCK."

Only half? You must be working on static web pages, then.

Ear

I'm so happy this thread was started. I was just watching tutorials and trying to decide where to start on this very thing. Very interested.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

gnubler

Quote from: youston on March 10, 2011, 11:37:52 AM
Quote from: gnubler on March 10, 2011, 11:36:52 AMYeah, that pie chart is outdated. I might have to make a new & improved one. About half of it will be red and just say "FUCK."

Only half? You must be working on static web pages, then.

No, I'm not. And I have an entire library of curse words...F is just my favorite and is used about half the time.

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on March 10, 2011, 11:44:02 AMI'm so happy this thread was started. I was just watching tutorials and trying to decide where to start on this very thing. Very interested.

A good place to start is the package liquor store.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Wise & efficient advice, Joe. Save yourself ahead of time and stock up on some refreshing beverages before starting a project.

frailer

My tiny contribution here. I have a yearly sub to lyndadotcom, about $300. Got it to learn 'old' stuff; Indy PhSh... But there are literally thousands of lessons covering all the apps mentioned above. OK, there's plenty of freebie stuff on the web, but that site has 'name' teachers/instructors, and it's really well organised/graded/accessible.
It would be no good me jumping into the swamp with the alligators. You need some sort of basic implement to start with, like a bowie knife. I don't have one. I'd be like Gumbo John; have about 2 fingers left.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.