Illy CS2 on XP weirdness

Started by delooch, March 17, 2009, 01:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

Ok, this happened before, but went away after a restart of illustrator.

I cannot grab the nodes on a bounding box to resize. i can grab the box and move it, but no resizing allowed. the cursor doesnt change on a mouseover, i dont know WTF.. I can resize in the transform panel, but grabbing nodes and willy-nilly sizing isnt allowed anymore..

what am i missing?

gnubler

What about selecting the shape and typing E for free transform. I always have my bounding box turned off, it annoys me. I use "E" a lot.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

yeah, that works, but i should be able to resize with the plain 'ol selection tool (v) as well..

jezza

There's a preference thashould enable you to use 'area select' dunno where to find it in windows.

Have you used a Quark short cut? I often do... press the equivalent of apple U to ungroup (that's the QX keystroke) but it switches 'Smart Guides' in Illy
one sick prepress mofo

DigitalCrapShoveler

Object locked? Locked Layer maybe? Part of a clipping mask? It could be many different things. Is it file specific?
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

locked layer? no.
locked object? no.
new document? same results.

the cursor does change from a pointer to a black arrow with a small white dot when i hover over the node, but it doesnt let me grab the node. I can grab the object and move it, but not the nodes -

Direct selection tool (white arrow) does work fine.

anyone know how to dump the preferences in winXP??

DigitalCrapShoveler

The box is actually a guide. Go to >View>Guides>Release Guides.
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

nope. but close. it was under "View>show/hide bounding box".

First it was my guitar playing career, now this. my cursed short stubby fingers got me again with a mis-fired keystroke.

thanks all.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I got the same Pointer Icon with the guide situation when placing over a node. When the box is converted to a guide, it can be moved but not resized. Oh well, at least you got it figured out.
Member #285 - Civilian

delooch

you did get me looking on the right drop down..

like with most software issues, the problem once again was between the keyboard and chair.

DigitalCrapShoveler

If a restart won't fix it, maybe a new carbon-based life form will. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian