2mm white (no ink) strip out on spine

Started by frailer, May 06, 2010, 04:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

...for a Burst Bound job. Grind/glue area required. Setting the Spine Gutters to 2mm... no worries, but, of course, the bleed from the page creeps into the (required-as-white/paper), gap.
OK, I've managed, I think, to be able to apply it by setting the field for (Spine) Bleed to zero. But when I save as a Stripping Sheet Template, it doesn't seem to be holding that setting. Seems I may have to do it to each Sheet. Wouldn't be the end of the world, but...
This was last thing, and I'll most likely resolve it in the morn, but someone may have some thoughts as I sleep.   :undecided:
Pretty sure in DynaStrip you could set bleeds for the 4 edges for pages as 'odd'...'even'. But in XMF, I'm either missing something obvious, or they haven't 'featured' it yet. 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

For anyone striking this in XMF, Have resolved it...mostly. Spine Bleed can be set to zero. This will fix that sheet. It seems, however that this has to be done for each forme. Seems the info is not retained into a Stripping Sheet Template. Had to do it for each section in the job. A few minutes, but no biggie...

No need to it page by page...(it was late   :rolleyes: ). One hit for the sheet. Does back of sheet as well of course.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.