Transparency Issue

Started by Clever Endeavor, January 23, 2012, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hahahah, you don't really need this, but some people do. Pathfinder tools are indispensable.
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

No, I don't need it but your graphic and explanation are beautiful.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: Earendil on January 23, 2012, 02:26:31 PM:kiss: Marry me? I would consider switching to Mormonism after seeing this.  :kiss:

Change your name to Mitt?   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

I'm having a transparency issue, 1 spot color
when I make a pdf it acts like there is an overprint issue.
nothing I tried has worked, it happens any way you output it.
here are 2 screen shots
the ai and the pdf

DigiCorn

Rampage?

Edit traps.

Set everything to knockout.

Then shoot the dezinger for making your life miserable on a Friday before a three-day weekend.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

in illustrator, do you have overprint preview turned on?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Just a stab but is it some % over top of 100%?
So it looks like 2 different % to the desinger, but in reality it all goes to 100% and the shape goes bye-bye
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

DigiCorn

Actually, the other thing I do is in the native file remove the transparency and set the transparent items to a tint of the color opposite the transparency.

i.e. an 80% transparency = 20% tint
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: born2print on August 31, 2012, 03:02:54 PMJust a stab but is it some % over top of 100%?
So it looks like 2 different % to the desinger, but in reality it all goes to 100% and the shape goes bye-bye

BINGO!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Thanks guys!
looks like the designer has a transparency with the overlay selected
when I try to take the transparency off and change it to opacity
doesn't work,
When I take the overlay off you can see it, turns white.
should I fix it or kick it back?

Tracy

Thanks! I kicked it back, the way she set it up I would have to redo the colors (gradient)
so I go home now! :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on August 31, 2012, 04:06:10 PMThanks! I kicked it back, the way she set it up I would have to redo the colors (gradient)
so I go home now! :laugh:

Good decision! :thumbsup:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I think Tracy quietly nurtures a real KIB demon within, even though she tries to hide it..   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

:laugh:
you guys seem to have encountered that before, not me
but it's like duh, it can't work like that.
always learnin :smiley: