Fonts in Illy CS6 on Mac

Started by DigiCorn, November 19, 2013, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I need a glyph of a diamond shape to recreate a logo in Illy CS6, but none of my dingbat fonts work in Illy CS6 on Mac. I loaded the font into the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts directory and they show up on the list, but with the caret parenthesis (like this: <ITC Zapf Dingbats>) like it's corrupt or something. I can use those fonts in InDesign without issue. I set the type in ID, exported to pdf, opened the pdf in Illy but it turned into this: (screenshot). Any ideas?

Obviously I can draw a square and rotate it 45 degrees... but I just want to figure this out.

If I open the glyph window in Illy, I can't change between fonts. It picks a default font (Myriad Pro) and won't let it be changed to anything else.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Set in Indd, then outline, then copy and paste into Illy?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

He wants to resolve the issue for some sick reason.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

This morning, after a reboot, "it just works."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Maybe a reboot will "just fix" my Firefox issue.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

Grimace

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 20, 2013, 09:10:10 AMThis morning, after a reboot, "it just works."

I don't have any font utility so i usually just install the font in question on to my computer and restart Illy, 90% of the time it works every time.