News:

Main Menu

RAMPAGE EDIT TRAP ISSUES

Started by JARRIGO, August 07, 2014, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JARRIGO

I attached a image showing a box that appears...
how do i fix this in rampage? its only on a few pages. it does some weird box print.
edit the trap how?- mixed, smart shadow? no clue..... Luminance? 

Please help
Thanks

DigiCorn

Did you register an .eps or a .pdf? If you used an .eps, go back and make a .pdf and RIP that instead. If you RIP'd a .pdf, what make and model .pdf? Try an X-1A. There's really not a way to fix that in Rampage unless you set all the touching areas to "knockout."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

JARRIGO

I ripped it as Single Page Rip and knocked out everything.
I tried a bunch of different ways to edit the trap.

not sure why its making a box like that only on a few pages and not all?

I will keep trying to edit it and figure it out.
I might even just try to edit that pdf and exchange that lil icon for one that did work and see what that does.

DigiCorn

Open that file in Photoshop, and let Photoshop rasterize it. If that box goes away, it's a layering/transparency/flattening issue. The x-1a pdf should resolve it.

If you want, send me the file and let me play with it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

oh... you could also try turning off dual rasterization. It RIPs slightly slower (you probably won't notice), but it's more accurate.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Well, I ran a number of tests, but I think I see what's going on here.

First I just ran it on my settings. Same issue you had. I ran it through the trap editor and set to knockout. No go. Set it as overprint. No change.

Removed the mask around the raster logo in Pitstop. No fix. Removed all compression in the file. No fix. Then, on a whim, I changed the RGB in the background photo to CMYK in Pitstop and changed the RGB on the logo to CMYK in Pitstop and it worked.

The background photo has an ICC profile embedded and the foreground logo image doe snot. Rampage doesn't like that, and while it typically strips the ICC embedding, it doesn't see the blank space around the logo as the same color spectrum as the background image, so it overlays a white transparency. I don't use the Rampage ICC module or the color matching, so the only way I can make them both be recognized as identical is to change them both to the same spectrum using Pitstop.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

JARRIGO

Awesome!
I was struggling to figure this out!
once again I appreciate the help and I owe you a beer or 6
cheers

DigiCorn

It's probably a good idea, unless you're using the Rampage ICC module, to strip all ICC profiles in Pitstop as part of your preflight routine. Rampage removes them anyway, but then you'll minimize a reoccurrence of this issue.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

JARRIGO

what action do you do in pitstop to automatically make that happen?

I thought I had it setup in the way I export the PDf to automatically make all color profiles the same...

DigitalCrapShoveler

I hate when I get doe snot in my traps.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

:lmao:

You can run the "Convert to Color Space" and set them all to "Device CMYK."

Or you could write your own rule to strip the ICC profiling, but since you have one image RGB and another sRGB, you'd still have to run a second to make them the same.  If you're using Rampage to convert the RGB to CMYK, then you need to run the "Convert to Color Space" and set both to "Device RGB".

Or you could use the "Remap Color," (see screenshot).
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

JARRIGO

any suggestions on whats going on with my spread
In preps it looks correct and in the pdf it looks good it gets weird when I have my final Sig ready to output

its the middle of the book and in the spine.
would this be caused by the creep?

DigiCorn

definitely a creep issue. turn off creep on spreads with crossovers.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job