El Capitan & CS4 question

Started by Designia(o_O), March 24, 2017, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Teach the children gun safety and you're fine.

In fact back when I was a kid I had an incident with an airsoft gun. It was before anyone knew what they were. It was a Japanese only, you have to import them thing. I had a friend with a rich father (when you're embezzling, it's easy) that had tons of neat toys. One was a all metal Tokyo Marui airsoft revolver. This was before any orange tips or other bullshit. It was laying in a box on the basement floor. Me, being around guns thought it was a real gun and knew damn well that's not how you store them. Told my parents when I got home, they all had a talk and it was cleared up that it was just a toy and not to be worried.

Now, there would be the SWAT team at the door, tormenting the family and causing a scene over a toy gun. Guns don't kill people, ignorance does.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

Very realistic. Took me a long time to decide to get it jut because I don't want to be on the wrong end of an ignorant person.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Designia(o_O)

And the answer is yes, no problem, with the javaforosx update. Which CS4 directs you to as soon as you try to open something.

Possum

Saved from the horrible subscription slavery! Congrats.

Designia(o_O)

Farabomb

Isn't it so nice now that you can buy things but you don't really own them?

iPhones and androids that lock you out of admin access not allowing you to delete the bloatware and spyware your carrier installs.

Programs that you need to pay a subscription or it stops working.

Tractors (JD) that you can't work on because they lock down the systems. If it breaks you have to pay for a JD tech to fly out and plug in a dongle so it can be worked on.

I don't understand how people are okay with this.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Because once somebody get a "bright" idea, the rest eventually follow suit until you have little or no choice.

BTW, I had no idea JD did stuff like that. Not that I could afford them, but I sure wouldn't touch a product like that.

Farabomb

Yeah, not too many people know about that including the framers that buy them. They have you sign an agreement that locks you out. That's pretty much the exact opposite of how things work on a farm. When you need to work the field you do whatever you can to make your equipment work. You don't get a choice, you work the field or you starve. A lot of them don't find out up until something breaks and they're stuck paying the extortion money to get it fixed.

That's why our 2 tractors upstate are older than me by a longshot. The Case was made in the 40's and the Ford is a 1950's vintage. Still going strong; they built them to last back in the day.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on April 04, 2017, 12:05:09 PMIsn't it so nice now that you can buy things but you don't really own them?

iPhones and androids that lock you out of admin access not allowing you to delete the bloatware and spyware your carrier installs.

Programs that you need to pay a subscription or it stops working.

Tractors (JD) that you can't work on because they lock down the systems. If it breaks you have to pay for a JD tech to fly out and plug in a dongle so it can be worked on.

I don't understand how people are okay with this.
I utilize digital media but I like to physically have the disc because who knows what the future holds. If Google Play suddenly decides to stop streaming movies, what happens to all those people who bought movies in the cloud? Personally, I get the disc, burn it to my NAS and host my own library over Plex.

When I get apps like Plex, DVDFab or PlayON, I buy the lifetime subscription so I'm not burdened with license fees later on. But then new media comes out, and they use the opportunity to rape you. DVDFab now added modules to their software for BluRay, and you have to have one to burn BRD-to-BRD, another to burn BRD-to-DVD and a third to burn DVD-to-BRD. They got me for another $120.

I had a Pogoplug and something like 100 GB of pictures on their cloud service when they decided to shutdown. Fucking bastards gave me like 10 days to download my own shit, and then put a restraint on it so you could only download images one at a time. I really don't know what all I lost, but someday my kids are going to come to me and ask why there aren't any pictures of them when they were little. Now I have 8TB of storage at home, with another 8TB cloning constantly.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway