Xante Impressia

Started by DigiCorn, June 05, 2017, 10:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Tracy, I may have to try your color method. Ours was doing weird stuff. For instance, putting a crosshatch pattern and a stroke around a solid spot color object. I tried all kinds of stuff, finally settled on sending CMYK PDFs in Acrobat version 4. The tech I spoke with said they use Acro version 5.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

V5? Nothing like keeping current.

or even close to current.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

current-ish, close enough for gov'ment work

:facepalm:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Yeah, especially since Acro 4 takes the file res down to 600 dpi. It's the only thing I tried that didn't bork up the spot color, so I'm done experimenting. This after trying all sorts of things in iQueue, including changing the screening method.

Like I said, this machine will send you to Shutter Island.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Quote from: Possum on June 06, 2017, 10:23:54 AMYeah, especially since Acro 4 takes the file res down to 600 dpi. It's the only thing I tried that didn't bork up the spot color, so I'm done experimenting. This after trying all sorts of things in iQueue, including changing the screening method.

Like I said, this machine will send you to Shutter Island.
Yes it can frustrate you, changing spots to coated was a big deal for us.
and most jobs like the Acro color management instead of same as source
we get a couple that like the same as source, not many tho.
also  you can adjust colors, the sliders don't show up until you select, I think it says something like
adjust colors separately, it's in the color section, you can also get a spot color slider by itself too.
took me awhile to figure out the Coated Spot and acro color management thing.

Possum

I've used coated spots on many old jobs. I just tried one with two spots, a green and a crappy goldish color. The green looks great, the gold has dots in it. That's one of my pet peeves is not printing solid print on some colors. The tech just said that's the way it does it, it's never going to look like offset. Funny, though, neither the Xerox nor Oki I run have ever done this. Solid is solid, no matter what color.

I've messed with the sliders plenty, and sometimes that doesn't change things at all. My biggest problem is not adjusting the colors so much as it is trying to get it to quit turning solids into a halftone. I'd love to print jobs direct to the printer and bypass iQueue to see if that helps, but since most of our envelope jobs are old Quark jobs, I have to turn them to PDFs. (The Impressia doesn't support Quark jobs) I can't print to any machine from Acrobat because that won't behave either. It keeps turning the image sideways no matter what.

Sometimes you just can't get there from here.

Tracy

xante can make  you pull your hair out, but when it works well, It's a money saver for sure.

Possum

I've got an old Xante toner B&W proof printer. Between it and its predecessor, they logged in over 30 years of daily use. Now Xante's gotten too sophisticated for its own good. I want to try printing direct to the printer when I can and see if the machine's own rendering engine knows what a solid is. I've never seen dots in a solid in any Xerox or other brand printer I've used, just this big fat deal iQueue.

DigiCorn

At least support handled my issue... and all via email... I hate the telephone. I only have a Smart Phone so I can text, and run apps (like Untappd).
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

What was the solution, if you don't mind telling. I may run into it someday.

I loved it when the tech asked if I'd seen their videos. Yeah, like they have any about troubleshooting iQueue.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Everything helps with this thing. Thanks.