News:

Main Menu

Trimsize warning

Started by Herman, October 04, 2017, 02:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

You presently no NOT check each imposition visually? That is asking for trouble.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

That's the first thing I thought of but since I'm not on XMF I wasn't sure. Not visually checking the impo before plating can only lead to mistakes.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Herman

Of course we are checking visually, but we are not machines and everyone can make mistakes.  :gom: I'd rather have an extra warning tool to help us at checking impossitions. So, again: is there a warning tool for this problem :huh: ?

Joe

In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well.

A PDF preflight can check this on the single pages but I don't think it can on an imposed PDF because the trim box of an imposed PDF is NOT the individual page trims.

As far as workflow software warning about color bars and marks inside the trim of the individual pages I'm not sure how it would be able to differentiate between color bars from actual page content. At that point it simply doesn't know the difference. Just my 2 cents worth.

Herman

"In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well."

I think this is my solution, thanks.
Because of my bad English I didn't understand the solution Tracy mentioned (sorry Tracy :embarrassed: )

I give it a try, thanks folks :hello:

Joe

Quote from: Herman on October 10, 2017, 08:57:56 AM"In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well."

I think this is my solution, thanks.
Because of my bad English I didn't understand the solution Tracy mentioned (sorry Tracy :embarrassed: )

I give it a try, thanks folks :hello:

Glad we could help. And welcome to the forum.

Tracy

Do you have a license for your XMF? If so You can call and they can log onto your computer and
walk you through creating Global Sheet Marks. You can call anytime about anything if you have a license.

Slappy

Are the Global Sheet Marks part of typical training? I'll be getting into that business next week!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Making notes so I can be sure to get into things just like this when we're getting it all going.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on October 11, 2017, 09:12:56 PMAre the Global Sheet Marks part of typical training? I'll be getting into that business next week!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Making notes so I can be sure to get into things just like this when we're getting it all going.

Yes...at least it was for us.

Tracy

Yes, and they will help you set them up the way you want them.
plus you can manipulate the globals if you need to change them 
for a specific job.

I love training!

frailer

As our work's pretty narrow in requirement, am sure there's shedloads of stuff I don't use in XMF. My new compadre is shaking me up a bit on that.

main thing about XMF, IMO, is that it's powerful, but the GUI is fiddly and has the look of something that's made a transition from another language/way of seeing things.  :-X  But I really like it.

Custom Marks. Like anything, 'use responsibly'. Always use the 'lock-in' button. If you don't, you'll use a Stripping Sheet Template one day, (or something), change the page size, and that Custom Mark will sit there like a dog turd, and you *will* step in it. 
It's happened to me... Ouch.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

The user interface on the Mac made me think I was working on a Windows XP computer. ;D

frailer

Supposedly they (Fujifilm) took the bones of a very basic and ailing impo software called Dutop. :shrug: They enhanced it from there.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.