October 16, 2017, 04:30:23 PM

Topic: Trimsize warning (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Trimsize warning
Reply #15
You presently no NOT check each imposition visually? That is asking for trouble.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Reply #16
That's the first thing I thought of but since I'm not on XMF I wasn't sure. Not visually checking the impo before plating can only lead to mistakes.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Reply #17
Of course we are checking visually, but we are not machines and everyone can make mistakes.  :gom: I'd rather have an extra warning tool to help us at checking impossitions. So, again: is there a warning tool for this problem :huh: ?

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #18
In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well.

A PDF preflight can check this on the single pages but I don't think it can on an imposed PDF because the trim box of an imposed PDF is NOT the individual page trims.

As far as workflow software warning about color bars and marks inside the trim of the individual pages I'm not sure how it would be able to differentiate between color bars from actual page content. At that point it simply doesn't know the difference. Just my 2 cents worth.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #19
"In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well."

I think this is my solution, thanks.
Because of my bad English I didn't understand the solution Tracy mentioned (sorry Tracy :embarrassed: )

I give it a try, thanks folks :hello:

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #20
"In Preps we anchor the color bars just to the outside of the page bleed. That way no matter what size your page is the color bar is never in the work and I think Tracy mentioned that upthread for XMF as well."

I think this is my solution, thanks.
Because of my bad English I didn't understand the solution Tracy mentioned (sorry Tracy :embarrassed: )

I give it a try, thanks folks :hello:

Glad we could help. And welcome to the forum.

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #21
Do you have a license for your XMF? If so You can call and they can log onto your computer and
walk you through creating Global Sheet Marks. You can call anytime about anything if you have a license.

• Slappy
  • [*]
Reply #22
Are the Global Sheet Marks part of typical training? I'll be getting into that business next week!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Making notes so I can be sure to get into things just like this when we're getting it all going.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #23
Are the Global Sheet Marks part of typical training? I'll be getting into that business next week!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

Making notes so I can be sure to get into things just like this when we're getting it all going.

Yes...at least it was for us.

• Tracy
  • [*][*]
Reply #24
Yes, and they will help you set them up the way you want them.
plus you can manipulate the globals if you need to change them 
for a specific job.

I love training!

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #25
As our work's pretty narrow in requirement, am sure there's shedloads of stuff I don't use in XMF. My new compadre is shaking me up a bit on that.

main thing about XMF, IMO, is that it's powerful, but the GUI is fiddly and has the look of something that's made a transition from another language/way of seeing things.  :-X  But I really like it.

Custom Marks. Like anything, 'use responsibly'. Always use the 'lock-in' button. If you don't, you'll use a Stripping Sheet Template one day, (or something), change the page size, and that Custom Mark will sit there like a dog turd, and you *will* step in it. 
It's happened to me... Ouch.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #26
The user interface on the Mac made me think I was working on a Windows XP computer. ;D

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #27

Supposedly they (Fujifilm) took the bones of a very basic and ailing impo software called Dutop. :shrug: They enhanced it from there.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~