User file sharing_Sierra

Started by frailer, February 03, 2018, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

We have a macbook and a Mini at home. I use the Mini, mostly, wife uses the macbook, mostly. But she needs to access all folders in my home folder.

I've logged in as both of us and set everything to share/read/write. Both of us as Admins.

But when I log in as her, all my User folders still have the red dot with the white 'minus' across them.

ATM she's able to log in as me, but it's a workaround. Thanks in anticipation, gurus.

:undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on February 03, 2018, 07:29:44 PMWe have a macbook and a Mini at home. I use the Mini, mostly, wife uses the macbook, mostly. But she needs to access all folders in my home folder.

I've logged in as both of us and set everything to share/read/write. Both of us as Admins.

But when I log in as her, all my User folders still have the red dot with the white 'minus' across them.

ATM she's able to log in as me, but it's a workaround. Thanks in anticipation, gurus.

:undecided:

Yeah to have access to your home folder she needs to be logged in with an admin user account on your mini which is why it works when she logs in as you.

Or add her username here and set her account to read & write. Or set everyone to read & write (not the best option).

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

It should save the login info no? I connect to all the macs here this way, log in as their admin account and select the "remember" button in the bottom left. Now I just click on their mac in the shared section of the folder and navigate where I want to go.

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on February 05, 2018, 07:28:17 AMIt should save the login info no? I connect to all the macs here this way, log in as their admin account and select the "remember" button in the bottom right. Now I just click on their mac in the shared section of the folder and navigate where I want to go.

ditto.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks guys, I shall get back to this...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.