Turn Comments to Art?

Started by AaronH, August 06, 2018, 01:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on August 07, 2018, 03:53:50 PMWell I've never tried flattening a PDF with comments...what does it do to them? Sure I could add some comments and flatten one to find out myself but I'm tired (and lazy).

This is why I wanted to see a sample of the file - the comments I add in Acrobat 10.1.16 are either little yellow sticky notes, or little blue things depending on how you add them - alternatively, I can use Content tool to add a text box but that prints without flattening. 

screen grabs attached.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

I guess my question is what does it do to the comments text when it gets flattened? Delete the comments or something else?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

These are all technically annotations. It depends on the type of annotation.

pspdfppdfxhd

Okay, call me crazy, but I took an 8.25 x 5.25 pdf, opened it in Acrobat and turned on display mode, took a screenshot on a 5K monitor and managed to get about 600 dpi at printing size.

Good enough to get some jobs out, especially for digital.

Just saying.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on August 08, 2018, 06:09:15 AMOkay, call me crazy, but I took an 8.25 x 5.25 pdf, opened it in Acrobat and turned on display mode, took a screenshot on a 5K monitor and managed to get about 600 dpi at printing size.

Good enough to get some jobs out, especially for digital.

Just saying.

You are crazy! :sarcasm:

You are welcome. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Would I be here if i was not crazy?

Not likely.

Just thinking, if you get a very large 7K monitor you might get her up to 1200 dpi.

ninjaPB_43

Wait, did I just read that right? Printing from a screenshot?

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Ear

Good enough for a greasy trailer park boy, good enough for me.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

wonderings

Quote from: born2print on August 07, 2018, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: wonderings on August 07, 2018, 11:18:49 AMDo you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.
View comments can be turned off, so that's what gets us when the rare event that someone uses them happens.

Just curious, why would you turn that function off?

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Ear on August 08, 2018, 08:43:50 AMGood enough for a greasy trailer park boy, good enough for me.

That's nothing, there's lots of greasy things you consider good enough for you.   :rotf:

:ninja:  :hello:

DigiCorn

The more I look at the title of this thread, the more I think about the Police/Sting and "Murder by Numbers," specifically because of the line, "you can turn murder into art."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

We just want to put the laughter back into manslaughter!

:death:   :lmao:

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on August 08, 2018, 08:39:53 AMWait, did I just read that right? Printing from a screenshot?

Yes, desperate times call for desperate actions.

Like the time us Canadians had to burn down the white house.

Think about it.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Ear on August 08, 2018, 08:43:50 AMGood enough for a greasy trailer park boy, good enough for me.

Yeah well sometimes it's just "Ged er done boys!

born2print

Quote from: wonderings on August 08, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
Quote from: born2print on August 07, 2018, 11:23:12 AM
Quote from: wonderings on August 07, 2018, 11:18:49 AMDo you not see comments in a PDF? For me they stick out and cannot be missed. For some programs for different events I get tons of notes for corrections and changes all through comments. I find it easy and helpful rather then someone trying to explain where and what the change is. And yes you can copy from the comments, just highlight like you would any other text and copy.
View comments can be turned off, so that's what gets us when the rare event that someone uses them happens.

Just curious, why would you turn that function off?
I think the default setting is off? If not, I do not know as I / we didn't go turning it off on all the workstations.
:shrug:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...