Acrobat drives me nuts

Started by Rodi, April 07, 2023, 10:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodi

So, maybe I need some help.

I will work on a PDF file and then go to crop it to size plus bleed if needed, and what the frig should happen before cropping the whole page rasterizes. Welp, I got burnt too many times a livid font lover if you will.

So I can crop in Acrobat 7 pro, never a problem. Qoopa PDF Studio same. Why does Acrobat rasterize when going to crop?

Thanks a bunch.

Rodi

Gabba Gabba Hey

Joe

Never had Acrobat DC rasterize when cropping. You are using the cropping tool right? I always preferred to use Pitstop for cropping but either way should work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

That is spooky behavior indeed.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Rodi

So a pdf will have some scanned image (not created by me!) and have say crop marks, which I take off with PDFTOOLBOX and I hit the edit button to crop and all of a sudden "Performing page recognition" displays and the "Convert Scanned page to editiable file".

So I have workarounds, but it's stupid. So I do my crop removal then will open either in Acrobat 7 Pro or Qoppa PDF Editor (which I like a lot for general PDF stuff). They crop just  fine.
Gabba Gabba Hey

Joe

Quote from: Rodi on April 10, 2023, 07:23:18 AMSo a pdf will have some scanned image (not created by me!) and have say crop marks, which I take off with PDFTOOLBOX and I hit the edit button to crop and all of a sudden "Performing page recognition" displays and the "Convert Scanned page to editiable file".

So I have workarounds, but it's stupid. So I do my crop removal then will open either in Acrobat 7 Pro or Qoppa PDF Editor (which I like a lot for general PDF stuff). They crop just  fine.
Yeah your mistake is clicking the Edit PDF button. Instead click on Print Production Tools and then select "Set Page Boxes" and crop your page using it.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 8.58.06 AM.png

If you feel you must use Edit PDF uncheck the "Recognize Text box.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 9.00.05 AM.png
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Rodi

Mucho Gracias!!

I just never saw a way around cropping outside of editing.
Gabba Gabba Hey