PDFs "Zooming" when Output Preview is Open

Started by Slappy, October 19, 2023, 09:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

New "feature" plaguing me - whenever I open the Output Preview my PDF will zoom in like 800% regardless of whether I've turned a color on/off. Doesn't seem to matter if I have a Pitstop tool selected or not, and it's happening with every PDF also.

Acrobat 2023.001.20177
Processor is the M1, on Ventura 13.4.1

Screengrab: https://imgur.com/a/Mqhij38
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

New feature to give you an up close view. LOL
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on October 19, 2023, 09:56:37 AMdid you update to the new Acro?
I mean, no? I'm always afraid of updates too soon and I know there's a bug already in the latest version that was posted recently. Looks like Enfocus has a hotfix for THAT though, soooo - let's give it a whirl!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Yeah that worked - good thinkin' Tracy!  ;D

Possum

That's okay - another "new feature" is bound to pop up soon.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

RMPrepress

We had a problem with the last Acrobat update.
Single page views are clipping off the top of the PDF and we could no longer see PDF page size in the lower left corner.
I have seen others with the same problem on the Adobe community.
We had to use Time Machine backups to revert back to 2023.003.20244.
2 are 2018 Mac Mini's running 13.6
1 is a Mac Studio M1 running 13.6
Problems with and without Pitstop.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

RMPrepress

Also look out as Adobe has decided to reinvent Acrobat yet again and is rolling it with out without letting you know...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-do-i-go-back-to-the-old-acrobat/td-p/14032104#:~:text=1%20Correct%20answer&text=To%20revert%20to%20the%20old,2%2F3%20down%20the%20menu.

They have added a simple way to revert if you install the newest as mentioned in the thread above.
I would assume though that over time that option will go away, much like Outlook for Mac did.

Tracy

Quote from: Slappy on October 20, 2023, 07:59:42 AMYeah that worked - good thinkin' Tracy!  ;D
omg! I meant don't update!
sheesh, glad it worked out!

RMPrepress

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on October 23, 2023, 09:50:48 AM
Quote from: Slappy on October 20, 2023, 07:59:42 AMYeah that worked - good thinkin' Tracy!  ;D
omg! I meant don't update!
sheesh, glad it worked out!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Me too!

Slappy

Oh ffs - the "scroll pages" on the right is missing now! 

:death: :shoots_self: :drunk3:

Slappy

Ohhhhh, wait - once Adobe posts the explanation it all makes sense!!!

QuoteFollowing the latest macOS guidelines, we have completely overhauled the Acrobat scrolling framework for Mac as part of our September '23 release. This fundamental transition from NSView to NSScrollView significantly impacts the behaviour of the Mac user interface. It introduces a modern scrolling experience that is responsive during active use and eliminates the need for excessive space.
So glad they've read all of our collective minds & addressed all that "excessive space" usage!!

RMPrepress

I had seen that as another problem some people were having.
I believe in one of the adobe community links above someone mentioned it, not sure what the fix was.
For us it was back to version 2023.003.20244 vie Time Machine backups.
Love those Time Machine backups....oh and make sure you shut off the automatic updates in Acrobat preferences (all the way at the bottom).