What is the best retouching tool in Photoshop CC19?

Started by raysosher, April 06, 2019, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best retouching tool in Photoshop CC19?

What is the best retouching tool in Photoshop CC19 to remove spots and blemishes from model face?
0 (0%)
What is the best photo retouching tool in Photoshop CC19?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

raysosher

I have recently installed Photoshop CC19 and I have a model retouching project to deliver. It seems to me that there are some differences in retouching tools. Can anybody suggest me which tool would be best for removing spots and blemishes from face?
Attached the image for reference.
Photographer and Retoucher at Background Remove

Tracy

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

We don't want to clone the pimples we want to heal them!  :grin:

mc hristel

In general if you ask 3 people how to do something in Photoshop you will get 7 different ways to do what you want. You can do the same thing so many different ways.

That being said, I would suggest starting with the healing brush tool. It works like the clone tool, but also blends rather than just clone,  so you can get less obvious results. If you are careful with the clone tool that would work too as long as you use a soft brush so it blends better.

If there are minor spots/blemishes you could also try a color fill on a new layer that is set to multiply. Eyedropper a mid tone flesh area and brush over the area that needs the clean up on a new layer. Then set the layer to multiply and adjust the opacity to change how strongly it shows up.

Also, in general, I'd suggest that you create a new blank layer for your retouching that way you can turn it on or off to see your results or get rid of it without having to start over again.

wonderings

Quote from: Tracy on April 08, 2019, 08:53:33 AM
Did you try the healing brush tool?

+1

That tool makes this super easy. I did this in under 2 minutes with no real care. Also removed the button on the jacket to see how powerful it can be. It is not perfect, but makes so many things super easy

_O3A0759 by B P, on Flickr

Tracy

yeah works great, I like mc Hristal's tip on putting on a new layer
sometimes healing brush tool can do weird things, but if it's on it's own layer
and the ability to change opacity-Brilliant!
Same with clone stamp too! I got a new trick!

not much of a photshopper, love all the tips and tricks!

born2print

We just don't get to do fun / magic work much any more. They do it themselves.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: born2print on April 09, 2019, 01:38:43 PM

Same here. I miss Photoshop work. It is expensive tool to just fix 4 color black text on ads that were done in Photoshop which seems to be the designer standard these days.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

My day is just full of magic work, lucky me I suppose. It gets one up in the morning.

StudioMonkey

QuoteMy day is just full of magic work, lucky me I suppose. It gets one up in the morning.

:o I like it, but I don't like it that much ...
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on April 09, 2019, 03:11:24 PM

My day is just full of black magic work, lucky me I suppose. It gets one up in the morning.

Fixed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

clippingpatharts

1. Healing Brush Tool
2. Spot Healing Tool
3. Patch Tool
4. Content-Aware Tool

adamsg

I really appreciate your query. I have worked many from various tools but most through Photoshop; So I believe that you are on the right path! You have to take the time to thoroughly explain what is Photoshop and why it is different from others? Because I'm not so lost anymore using Ps. Thanks so much!

motormount

Don't miss ps days at all.

Any way, spot healing is my first choise, for easy stuff, then healing brush for larger areas.

If things are more serious, and the customer knows what to look to, i prefer the clone stamp and the airbrush, in their own layer(s).
Good/clever selections in steep color transitions are a must.

- i'm already tired -