Stripping PDF Metadata..

Started by delooch, April 13, 2009, 05:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Ooops, slip of mah tongue. I had something else on my mind. SOWWY!!!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

Quote from: gnubler on April 14, 2009, 12:17:46 PMMeatballs, I tried PDF Optimizer (Acro Pro CS1) and it did not remove my name and hard drive/file path info in document properties.

gnubler:

if you are looking at File>properties, in the advanced box.. that "location" is where the PDF you are viewing currently lives. I dont think thats embedded metadata. but im not sure what you are looking at.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 14, 2009, 12:17:46 PMMeatballs, I tried PDF Optimizer (Acro Pro CS1) and it did not remove my name and hard drive/file path info in document properties.

The hard drive/file path is the location of the PDF when opened. Once you send it to someone to open it they won't see your hard drive/file path...they will see their hard drive/file path info. You can manually delete the other info from the properties window in Acrobat though.

Edit: delooch is too fast today.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: delooch on April 14, 2009, 01:15:45 PM

gnubler:

if you are looking at File>properties, in the advanced box.. that "location" is where the PDF you are viewing currently lives. I dont think thats embedded metadata. but im not sure what you are looking at.

You're absolutely right.  :embarrassed:

Color me totally retarded. I'm losin' it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

thats ok, we are all a little retarded sometimes  :grin:

David

I'm a little retarded, most times...

then again...

:rolleyes:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: delooch on April 14, 2009, 01:27:01 PMthats ok, we are all a little retarded sometimes  :grin:

Yeah, but a certain member is going to beat the crap out of me for being so dense. I'm looking forward to it.

David

where the hell is he, he can't be working, that never stopped him before...

maybe we need to form a posse and go lookin' for him.

:laugh:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 14, 2009, 01:49:04 PMwhere the hell is he, he can't be working, that never stopped him before...

maybe we need to form a posse and go lookin' for him.

He is in my posse! I instructed him to beat me silly whenever I get dumb.

David

haha

I still snicker when I see the squirrel with the red apple...
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

I think of PB every time I see a red apple.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: gnubler on April 14, 2009, 02:27:03 PMI think of PB every time I see a red apple.

no the hell you don't, I have nothing to do with that internet flame bot!   :kona:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ratintrap

I did some poking around in Acrobat 9 and found that you can run preset Optimizer settings on multiple files if you use batch processing. I'm not sure if you can do this type of thing with older versions of Acrobat or if it's a new feature in Acro 9.

Here are the steps:

Go to the Advanced menu to Document Processing then to Batch Processing. Click on New Sequence and name your new sequence, don't worry about the Select Commands box just click on Output Options. Then check mark PDF Optimizer and click on Settings, edit Optimizer settings as desired and name the settings. When you are back at the Batch Sequences window run the sequence you just created, choose your files and let Acrobat do its thing.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding and this doesn't accomplish what you're trying to do but I think it will. :wink:

delooch

Thanks rat.

ill give that a try tomorrow. hopefully the upgrade to 9 wont be as shitty as anticipated. i hear nothing but complaints on acro 9, but if it gets me out of this one ill keep her around a while..

Joe

Quote from: delooch on April 14, 2009, 05:31:14 PMThanks rat.

ill give that a try tomorrow. hopefully the upgrade to 9 wont be as shitty as anticipated. i hear nothing but complaints on acro 9, but if it gets me out of this one ill keep her around a while..

I love Acrobat 9. No complaints from me. Well, nothing out of the ordinary "bloated with a gazillion features I'll never use" complaint.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.