Acrobat 9.3.3 & FusionPro 7.0P1d

Started by PrepressPrincess, August 03, 2010, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrepressPrincess

Hey it's been a long time since I've made an appearance here! It looks like all is well & no one is having any problems lately, haaaa! Anyway, I have a fellow employee here with a problem and I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions or tips I can pass along to her. I'm just going to copy & paste her email & images, so here goes:

I recently got a new computer at my work. I installed FusionPro Desktop like I had on the other computer and started working. I made a new template in InDesign, exported it for FusionPro and opened it in Acrobat. Whenever I go to Preview or Compose I get an error message (image below). My old templates that I had made on my old computer still work fine and don't give me the error--just the new template I made.

What I'm running:
Windows 7
FusionPro Desktop 7.0P1d
Acrobat 9.3.3
InDesign CS4
Illustrator CS5 (used to make EPS image resource)

What I've done to try to fix:
Uninstall/Install:
Uninstalled FusionPro
Uninstalled Acrobat
Reinstalled Acrobat
Ran Acrobat updates
Restarted
Reinstalled FusionPro Desktop
Started from Scratch:
Trashed all files except InDesign file
Moved file to Desktop*
Re-created artwork
Re-imported artwork to InDesign file
Double-checked exported frame settings on all frames
Re-exported file**
Applied resource to template (NOTE: this resource is used on another template that previews and composes without error)***
Changed image file to an Illustrator pdf****
* to see if it was a problem with where I had my resources, pdf file, etc., I worked entirely off the desktop (quite a mess)

** at this point (with no resources or rules applied), the document will preview and compose

*** at this point (with a resource and no rules applied) I receive the error when trying to compose or preview

**** recommended by tech support; this did stop the error, but I would prefer to use eps files in the templates, because that is the format of most of our images (reformatting them all would take months). My thinking is this may be the only option???

I've contacted technical support and they're in the process of trying to figure out what's going on, but I wasn't sure if anyone else had run across this problem and figured out what was causing it. Any help would be appreciated; I'm exhausted from banging my head on a wall.

As always, one thousand "thank you's"