EskoArtwork Acquires Gradual Software

Started by Joe, March 17, 2008, 12:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

PRESS RELEASE: EskoArtwork Acquires Gradual Software

-- Graphic Arts Online, 3/17/2008 8:18:00 AM

Gent (Belgium) – EskoArtwork, the global market leader in innovative design, pre-production and collaboration solutions for the packaging and commercial printing industry, announces it has completed the acquisition of Gradual Software, a developer of affordable desktop automation solutions for professional publishing based in Gent, Belgium. The terms and conditions of the transaction are not disclosed.
The Gradual Software staff, assets and technology will be merged into EskoArtwork's Enfocus operations. The resulting new entity will operate as a dedicated business unit within the EskoArtwork group, under the Enfocus brand.

Peter Camps, founder, chairman and CEO of Gradual Software and also founder and ex-CEO of Enfocus Software, joins the EskoArtwork management team as Senior Vice President Enfocus and will lead the business unit. Mr. Camps also re-invests most of his proceeds from the acquisition into the EskoArtwork group.

"Today we re-unite a group of dedicated professionals that were at the cradle of the Enfocus vision and technologies. It gives me great pleasure to welcome Peter Camps, a well-known entrepreneur and visionary in our industry, and the other experienced members of the Gradual Software team into the EskoArtwork family", says Carsten Knudsen, EskoArtwork President and CEO. "With this move, we renew our commitment to serve content originators, prepress service providers, printers, publishers and print buyers with innovative software solutions, building on the synergies between the Enfocus and Gradual Software activities, and with the full support of EskoArtwork's drive and resources."

Gradual Software was established in November 2004 to develop and provide software for full automation across the numerous stages of professional publishing activities from document creation to delivery. Its SWITCH software automates the everyday tasks of multiple participants in multiple organizations—even those who use a variety of systems and tools. For ease of implementation, automation can be introduced gradually as needed, in small increments, through a highly visual user-friendly interface.

"There are still gaps and shortfalls in the automation tools for today's complex prepress and publishing value chains", comments Peter Camps. "Most workflow systems on the market are optimized for prepress production, and may not adequately cover the smaller everyday routine tasks typical for e.g. authoring and design workgroups. EskoArtwork offers the ideal environment to develop and market the solutions these customers require. The company's vision to better connect tools, systems, processes and people across departments and organizations throughout the value chain, and its widely recognized know how and technology base made joining EskoArtwork a natural and logical step forward for us."

EskoArtwork and Enfocus remain fully committed to the Crossroads community, founded by Gradual Software to bring together a complete ecosystem of software vendors offering products that can automate tasks in publishing workflows and lower the threshold for publishing professionals to start using automation in their environment.

About EskoArtwork

EskoArtwork is a global supplier and integrator of innovative solutions for packaging, commercial printing and professional publishing. Its products and services help customers raise productivity, reduce time-to-market, lower costs and expand business.

EskoArtwork is the worldwide market leader with pre-production and collaboration software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers. Esko CDI flexo computer-to-plate imagers and Esko Kongsberg short-run converting tables complete the portfolio for the packaging, label, signage and display industries.

The company also provides a range of workflow solutions for the commercial printing and publishing market, as well as the Enfocus suite of PDF tools for graphic designers and print production professionals.

EskoArtwork employs around 1,000 people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and Japan, and is completed by a network of distribution partners in more than 40 countries.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Lucius

Joe

Laurens

I guess Peter Camps is the happiest of them all  :cool:
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

Zimmy3

Because it feels good !

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Zimmy3 on April 03, 2008, 01:29:45 PM
Quote from: Lucius on March 17, 2008, 05:17:02 PMI bet matt is happy...
Speaking of Matt...I guess he deserted us ?

no, I have a feeling he is here and alive and well..  but posting under an alias..   hell he might have even posted in this very thread.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

David

naw, he hangs at the other place, posts infrequently, from what I've read.

must be busy these days.

did I mention I got a discount on Pitstop server?

haha Esko owns everything...

almost.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: david on April 04, 2008, 07:09:54 AMnaw, he hangs at the other place, posts infrequently, from what I've read.

must be busy these days.

did I mention I got a discount on Pitstop server?

haha Esko owns everything...

almost.

Yep, I see him over there sometimes. He also has a few forums of his own. They aren't real busy though it seems. He always had some good info though.

Discount? I am considering Pitstop Server too. As a Nexus customer I should get one too! :laugh:

David

get in tight with your sales guy and see if he can hook you up.
I just started doing some neat tricks with mine, had it about a month now.
got a full robot working now, well, almost full auto, still working on it.
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

I demoed Pitstop Server a while back..   I want one!!   Someone loan me a few thousand dollars?    :shrug:

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Third party check, post-dated, and signed would work just fine..  :grin:    oh yea, and you mind leaving it blank?  I'll fill in the amount.. 

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43