Main Menu

Why Fonts Matter

Started by Joe, November 25, 2013, 01:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

gnubler

Quote from: Fontaholic on December 05, 2013, 01:31:16 PMAs it that wasn't bad enough, I see through the windshield (or windscreen to other parts of the English-speaking world), that the truck letterer committed the cardinal sin of setting Brush Script in ALL CAPS...

I noticed that, too. It's one fucking ugly piece of work.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Fontaholic

Speaking of Papyrus...

Since there's been a condensed version of Papyrus on the Mac OS for some time now, I can't help wondering why somebody (like the original designer or one of the present licensees) doesn't just create a genuine bold version of Papyrus?

If nothing else, it would spare people like us the pain of experiencing Papyrus with either a "faux bold" effect applied to it (like in Word or Quark Xpress), or a stroke applied to it (like in InDesign or Illustrator)...   :lipsrsealed:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

frailer

If they did, nobody would be able to reed it.    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Is Paper Plus still around? We used to call it Papyrus Minus. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david