how to make imposition

Started by bug, March 25, 2009, 03:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bug

Hello,

I have a problem with imposition. 10 card 2x5 on a4 and they have fill. If i make imposition so they r sticking together, so that would be just one cut, when those bleeds overlap,  color mixes and become stronger- different, how to handle this. Do i have to manualy set middle-inner bleeds from near cards to zero or i leave it like it is, on all 4 sides of cards 1/4 inch or 0,3cm, and just impose and it wont make any difference.
Are those imposition progrmams so smart that they know, what to do if 2 bleeds overlap, actually they dont overlap they go into cardso 3mm of card can be different color.

thank you for any suggestion

DigitalCrapShoveler

Depends. You have control over overlapping bleeds in Impo software. If a card is bleeding on all 4 sides, it needs a gap, of .25 inches to accomodate the .125" bleed. You could cut the bleed to .03125" but you are still NOT going to bus-cut.

Impo software lets you determine how much bleed you want, how much gutter space you want, and how many up you want. It is totally customizable, meaning per job if need be.

What software are you using... Preps?
Member #285 - Civilian

bug

yes im trying to do something in preps and in corel, in illustrator i saw its more manual work,
i just did some experiment and i put bleed differnt colors on all 4 sides, and when i put it in preps and corel i saw that middle, inner bleeds, bleed was just outside around all 10 cards which is good, so inner bleeds werent going on cards, but there are just tiny lines of bleed, horizontal lines which i think r not such a problem i could sent or attach files but i dont know how to do it

suzyb1078

Preps is a pain.  I would try a different software.  I use Imposal.  It is low cost and you get a lot.  You can get a true crop (unlike Quite or Acrobat), which could help with this issue.  You can also define your bleed in this imposition software and select to only bleed on the outsides and that would then make it so that it wouldn't overlap the bleed.  This should solve your problem quickly and easily.  www.presschecksoftware.com