OS X Mavericks released

Started by Joe, October 22, 2013, 04:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Mikie

about to download and install it on the home computer since it's free and all

born2print

"Mavericks"
Are they switching from cats to surf spots?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

gnubler

Quote from: Mikie on October 22, 2013, 04:32:16 PMabout to download and install it on the home computer since it's free and all

You get what you pay for. Good luck!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Mikie

Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2013, 04:37:15 PM
Quote from: Mikie on October 22, 2013, 04:32:16 PMabout to download and install it on the home computer since it's free and all

You get what you pay for. Good luck!

I gots me a back up :) IT guy at work is wanting to upgrade us all so I need to test it out some before I let him

Joe

I will go that route also but I'll wait until the weekend. Let me know of any "issues".

Mikie

will do, I will run it the rest of the week and see what pops up in production. I am using it now... no magic fartin' unicorns or nothin yet :(

Slappy

Nah, not worth the trouble at this point. Maybe at home once I put a new HD in the MacBook, assuming the Core2Duo will handle it anyway.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

I know I have customers that will upgrade so I have to do it to test the functionality with Insite.

dlw2x2

My laptop is dead in the water. Says install failed and I can't get past that screen. Won't even boot or show my time machine backup

Joe

That's not good. Can you boot into recovery mode?

t-pat

Quote from: dlw2x2 on October 22, 2013, 08:05:20 PMMy laptop is dead in the water. Says install failed and I can't get past that screen. Won't even boot or show my time machine backup

As a result of the mavericks or what prevents you from trying?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

dlw2x2

I can get to recovery mode and get the OS X Utilities with the options of: restore from time machine, reinstall OS X, get help online or disk utility. Reinstall doesn't work... Disk utility does repair on permissions but says disk is damaged and can't repair. Restore from time machine says there is nothing there. 

dlw2x2

Had no problems with the laptop until I tried to update.