Fonts showing up as 0k.

Started by Zimmy3, March 12, 2008, 06:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zimmy3

Im getting fonts from a customer(zipped on a mac) and they
are posting to our FTP site.
The zip file shows 5k and when unzipped,all fonts are 0k(zerok).
What's going on here,this sounds familiar?

Thanx in advance.
Because it feels good !

almaink

Sounds like the resource forks have been stripped. Could be old postscript fonts or operator error. Do they show up as Unix icons?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Zimmy3

Quote from: almaink on March 12, 2008, 07:14:10 AMSounds like the resource forks have been stripped. Could be old postscript fonts or operator error. Do they show up as Unix icons?
Because it feels good !

almaink

List view? Ah looks like those fonts were zipped on a Windows PC. Some people take their Mac files, move them over to a Windows box, then zip them and email. You see what happens when thats done. Tell them to make a Mac archive and send that or send a dmg file. They may tell you they zipped it on a Mac, but the only I've seen what you are getting is when they do the zipping on a windows box.
If you don't have it and I guess you don't this is also a cool free unzipping utility for Macs. I archive all my jobs using the finders Create Archive feature and since some of those archives are huge I use this application to just extract the files I need.
http://zipeg-for-macintosh.wwwzipegcom.alienpicks.com/
One other thing that has worked for me in the past is to download and unzip on a Mac running OS9.2.2. Not in Classic but a mac booted into the real OS.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers